OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hooks Diaphragms Falling Apart

Started by gatrapper, March 08, 2011, 03:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Not calling Hooks calls junk at all.  I have several of their diaphragms and love them.

Was in no way trying to bash them, just was wondering why they were falling apart on me.
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

harvester

Sounds like they were stored wrong by Macks and dry rotted. I have seen other mouth calls that I have had, do the same thing. I never took them out of my vest other than to rinse them off before the next season.

I would call Hooks explaining what happened to the calls and then I would see if Macks would make it right. Scott is a stand up guy from what I have seen and heard on here, I don't think think he would send out junk for all these other people to sell on there webpages or catalogs.
JMO.

Devastator

Quote from: dodger on March 08, 2011, 04:32:34 PM
The executioner looks fine, thats how its cut... Call Scott he'll take care of ya
thats what it looks like to me.unless the bottom reed is missing.

simpzenith

Looks like dry rot to me ???. Maybe MPW had the calls in storage too long?

RaspyD

You didn't try pulling on stuck reeds did ya??  Looks like torn reeds to me.  I know what they look like ::)... Done it myself a few times. >:(
Perfection Turkey Calls

spurcrazy

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on March 08, 2011, 04:16:46 PM
Common ettiquete would be to contact either Hooks or Macks rather than to degrade the product of a forum sponsor in a public forum. 

As others have stated, contact Scott.  You won't find better customer service.  I can't imagine why anyone here would not order direct rather than throwing a middle man in the mix... 

+1

Nimrodmar10

Maybe your toung is just too sharp. ;)

gatrapper

Didn't pull or tug on any of the reeds.  Talked to Hooks and they are going to fix the problem :you_rock:
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Tail Feathers

I knew Scott would take good care of you.
Never seen a problem like that on Hooks calls and I've used 'em a lot for the past 7 or 8 years.

The second pic, that may just be the call cut.  Clearly the first on just flat tore on you, the second too if that's a piece of the latex underneath it.

Hooks are good calls and better people.  Sometimes things just happen.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!