OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hooks Diaphragms Falling Apart

Started by gatrapper, March 08, 2011, 03:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Ordered several diaphragms from Macks Prairie Wings about 2 weeks ago. 

I bought the devastator, seducer, and some other Hook calls.

Well I try out the Devastator and Seducer and they sounded like complete junk.  So Im sitting there thinking what the heck. As I take the call out of my mouth each one had latex tears and I was left with pieces of latex in my mouth.

Whats the deal?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

gatrapper

One of my exicutioner calls has it as well.  Will post some pictures. 

shootumindaface

Contact Scott immediately, not sure what you mean by latex tears.. But he will make it right

gatrapper

drum817

My best guess is that they were stored by the retailer somewhere that was VERY hot for a LONG time.  Scott DOES NOT let bad calls go out.  Like Shootum said CALL Hooks....he WILL fix you right up  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

LX_Trkyhntr

That's the first I have ever seen that have done anything like that!  Call Scott, he'll get you fixed up in short order!! :you_rock:
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

Devastator

he will make it right,sounds like what drum said.as hard as i hammer on a mouth call ive never had a problem with the devastator,executioner or any of his calls to be truthful.except some loose tape a few years back and no questions asked he made it right.

lightsoutcalls

Common ettiquete would be to contact either Hooks or Macks rather than to degrade the product of a forum sponsor in a public forum. 

As others have stated, contact Scott.  You won't find better customer service.  I can't imagine why anyone here would not order direct rather than throwing a middle man in the mix... 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

honker22

I don't think his intent was to bash Hooks but it kinda comes off that way.  This sounds like a Macks PW problem, as already stated.

I order straight from him and he is TOP notch.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

dodger

The executioner looks fine, thats how its cut... Call Scott he'll take care of ya

TauntoHawk

That's not the norm, they will send you new ones and they should sound much much better
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

northms

I love my devastator call I ordered straight from Hooks.  Just give them a call.  They'll make it right!

turkey slayer

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on March 08, 2011, 04:16:46 PM
Common ettiquete would be to contact either Hooks or Macks rather than to degrade the product of a forum sponsor in a public forum. 

As others have stated, contact Scott.  You won't find better customer service.  I can't imagine why anyone here would not order direct rather than throwing a middle man in the mix... 
I agree just contact hooks no need to call them junk, I love my calls from hooks!

magicman

Quote from: turkey slayer on March 08, 2011, 04:49:34 PM

I agree just contact hooks no need to call them junk, I love my calls from hooks!
:agreed:

Gobble!

Quote from: magicman on March 08, 2011, 05:00:00 PM
Quote from: turkey slayer on March 08, 2011, 04:49:34 PM

:agreed:

why didn't everyone do that for indian creek? He never said the calls were junk just the way it sounded as the reeds were flying out of his mouth lol.
But yes as they said this should be pretty easy to get fixed. Just give hooks a call.