OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

9 am GOBBLER

Started by bigdoc, April 29, 2013, 09:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdoc

After a stormy weekend I thought the birds would work this morning but awoke to more rain.So I caught up on a few things and took to the woods about 9.I walked to a spot where I have heard birds lately,and nothing,so I took off in the other direction and set up,after a little calling I thought I heard one but was not for sure,a little more calling and I knew he was coming,so I jumped up and closed some distance.By then he had covered 200 yards and getting closer,in a few minutes I saw him strut into view,and was still coming closer,he would strut and then break and then strut more as he was coming,he was in the field and entered the woods above where I was, at 40 yards the 20ga and a Nitro #7drilled him. He was 20# 10" beard and 1 1/4"  spur. Hope yall are having a good season.  BIGDOC

slamman

nice bird congrats post some pics

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

renegade19

eddie234

Awesome, nice bird!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

alloutdoors

JVA54

DirtNap647

tomstopper

mikejd

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Wrangler95

:z-guntootsmiley:

Very nice going,congrats!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

870supermagnum

Congrats, very nice gobbler.

captin_hook

barry

Love those mid morning hunts!
If I had to chose I'd hunt from 9:00-12:00 over 6:00-9:00 any day!