Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

found a bunch of yellow root got some questions.

Started by WV TURKEY THUG, April 29, 2013, 07:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV TURKEY THUG

About how many walmart bags full of yellow root would make a pound. And when is the best time to harvest. Also how much is it selling for. Thanks guys. I found around 500 plants more than I can get.

Deputy 14

You want to clean it and sell it dry. Usually takes two plastic grocery bags full of dry to make a pound. In WV it goes for between $20 and $30 per pound.

WV Ridge Reaper

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

runngun

Guesswho, that is funny right there

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

slamman

okay being from Arizona I'll bite what the heck is yellow root?

Deputy 14

Goldenseal is the proper name. It is a plant root used in a variety of different medications.

WV TURKEY THUG

Found more than I can count today what is the best time to dig them. Found some ramps also

snapper1982

not sure about your state but we do not have a season here so we can dig anytime but i always wait until the berries are ripe so you can replant them. easy way to wash it. put a bunch of 1/4 inch holes in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket. take it to car wash. fill half full of root. use the washer(do not pull the handle as the light spray is enough) make sure to move the root around and get the dirt off but it does not have to be all shiny yellow.

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: wileycoyote on April 30, 2013, 01:08:14 PM
Found more than I can count today what is the best time to dig them. Found some ramps also

You find mushrooms you just go ahead and send me your address cause I'm comin over haha.

WV TURKEY THUG

reaper this is The only one I found today I looked hard all day.

WV Ridge Reaper

Wow,I would of never seen one that small.Have you found many this year ?

Been dry so far in my area.