OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Connected in PA

Started by captin_hook, April 29, 2013, 04:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

captin_hook

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I'm happy I chose to take her. I'm not gonna lie, lots of thoughts were going through my head when I was making the decision to take her or not. She'll be good eating for sure.

Crappiepro

That would make an awesome mount! They are kinda rare so it's a trophy for sure.
Congrats on a great bird!

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

boomer

RutnNStrutn

I always say that if its legal and ethical, and you want the bird, go ahead and shoot it!! I've had the opportunity to kill several bearded hens, but every time I've been in a place that didn't allow it. Congrats on your bird!! :icon_thumright:

fallsflight

Nice!  I too once shot a bearded hen awhile back when I used to hunt turkeys in the fall.  Too busy chasing bucks and ducks in the fall so I don't hunt turkey in the fall anymore.  Anyway, I too was hesitant, but decided to take her.  I figured it would be the only time I would do so.  Congrats.

Gooserbat

Nothing wrong with taking out a bearded hen.  Save those wing bones for a call.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.