OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Connected in PA

Started by captin_hook, April 29, 2013, 04:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captin_hook

After hearing no gobbles all morning, which is very rare in the area I'm hunting, I had a bearded hen come into my set up. I've never seen a bearded hen before and I've been hunting this private land for years now. I know a lot of guys frown upon killing hens, but I told my self this is a 1 time deal and I'll never do it again. So I filled a tag on a big ol lady that sported a nice 7 1/4 inch beard. I know the area I'm hunting has a great number of birds on it. My buddy and I have trapped the area for years taking off countless of coons and possums to help get the population as good as it is today. So here she is, my first and only bearded hen.

captin_hook

Terry

Congrats! Don't feel like you need to justify your harvest, it's a beautiful bird and your choice to kill it.

DirtNap647

congrats to each his own trophy

tomstopper

Quote from: troutfisher13111 on April 29, 2013, 05:15:44 PM
Congrats! Don't feel like you need to justify your harvest, it's a beautiful bird and your choice to kill it.
:agreed: That is a cool bird for sure. Congrats....

jakebird

Congrats on a neat trophy!
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

frank1969

Devastator

slamman

cool. hope you are mounting it

slyoldtom

Nice ! I wouldn't frown!! I kinda wish I would see one! How many people get a chance to shoot a bearded hen! Congrats !

MAKEemQUIVER

Nice trophy, good eating too
Go Big Blue!!!!!!

beagler

Never Misses

Gold Spur

Heck yea, that's a nice bird!  :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

WildSpur

Very cool.  Congrats.
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less