OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Black Hills birds...

Started by horsedoctor, April 29, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

horsedoctor

Can anyone report what the Black Hills / Western SD birds are doing. Don't want your favorite spot. I've got my own. Just wondering what the birds are up to.
Thanks...   :fud: :gobble:  :gobble:

mnbirdbuster

Was there witfrom April 21-28, with NYgobblergetter 24-28. Let me just say the 12" of snow i awoke to the 22nd wasnt a big pick me up nor was the record low of 12deg the next day. There was also a full moon that made the birds quite hard to roost in the pm. They gobbled good on limb then more or less went silent during the day even with the warming temps. Only put a single bird to bed that was a botched setup the next am  :z-dizzy: There was a 60deg temp swing in the time i was there, and it seemed like the turn of the weather wasnt enough to get the birds in a better mood very fast..go figure though after the three winter storms that dropped huge snow on the 'hillls since opener. I think may will be good for any of those who have trips planned for then :drool: PS birds are henned up hard

Turkeyman11

I just returned from there Monday evening.  We found a few birds and were able to go 3 for 3 but the birds weren't really cranked up.  We were able to roost two birds and kill them within minutes after fly down.  After they got on the ground for a bit they got real quiet, however they did seem to gobble good going to the roost.   The third bird I called in one long beard, three jakes and seven hens but they didn't say a word.  Just knew they were in the area.  I think it's gonna get real good soon.