OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

longbeard yesterday coyote today

Started by WV TURKEY THUG, April 26, 2013, 10:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV TURKEY THUG

Yesterday I called in my first long beard. There were two long beards down in a bollard I was trying to connect with them all morning. Finanly around 11 they were about 70 yds over the about two flats down. Then I hear something running behind me and out of the corner of my eye I see a bird Jake strutting had 3 other Jakes with it well about 45 seconds later the long beards were 30 yds from just got on the flat I was on. Then all h broke lose they all started fighting gobbling running around like crazy. I couldn't even keep my bead on one bird they were just moving to much to get a clear shot at a longbeard. Then finanly one of them got away far enough to get a clear shot. And got a headfull of #5 3 1/2 inch 12 gauge. This was all 30 yds in front of me maybe closer. Then today the gobbling was slow so I looked for some morrels found some also. Well out of no wear there was 2 owls hooting like crazy and I hear a turkey gobble way down in the bottoms. So I move a few flats over and starting calling after about a half hour I look at my watch and I not ice its 12:20 I gotta be out of the woods by 1. So I get up take a few steps and hear something running I thought Ohh crap I just made that bird call shy. But I couldn't see anything. Then all of a sudden I see a yote running right towards me so I dropped her at 48 yds. 

WV TURKEY THUG

tomstopper

Awesome. Congrats on a nice bird & a filthy coyote......

alloutdoors

DirtNap647

Bagg-it Tag-it

Great that you got a gobbler, fantastic that you put an egg-sucking coyote out of the picture. Congrats!

suburbhunter

suburbhunter

Great job. Congratulations on both!!!!   

WV Ridge Reaper

Nice!! I had a fox come by me about 9 this morning carrying something in its mouth.

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

beagler

Never Misses

MAKEemQUIVER

Congrats on the bird and good shot on the yote!
Go Big Blue!!!!!!

WV TURKEY THUG

WV TURKEY THUG

:newmascot:
Quote from: MAKEemQUIVER on April 27, 2013, 10:47:59 PM
Congrats on the bird and good shot on the yote!
I was surprised I actually killed the coyote. Never heard one yelp so loud in my life. I felt no pitty for it. Just imagine how many fawns this girl made suffer and turkeys and whatever else. I just let her lay there thinking another yote would come in. Nothing like a live coyote in distress call kinda like having a foxbang lol. But she finnanly died. If it was a deer or turkey I would of shot it again but these things are puttin a hurting on the animals around here. I wouldn't think twice about shooting one out the truck window on my property. Always have a rifle with me in the truck when I head to the cabin. Sorry guys had to vent about how these things are good for nothing. Well I guess they are fun to call in.