turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbling in AL?

Started by coop39, March 08, 2011, 12:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coop39

Are any of you Central Alabamians hearing any birds gobble? I went this morning and didn't hear a peepon our lease in Tallapoosa Co.

jwhunter

i hunt in the alabama Tn line and i went listening this morning. the waether has them not talking i think. that front is about to move across the state. i didnt hear a peep either!!! but i filmed 3 hens and a strutter for an hour 6:40-740.  i think its the weather moving in that made them quiet!!

just my 2 cents

Basser69

There aint no birds in Alabama  :begging: I hunt Coosa county

turkeykiller22

Quote from: jwhunter on March 08, 2011, 12:45:22 PM
i hunt in the alabama Tn line and i went listening this morning. the waether has them not talking i think. that front is about to move across the state. i didnt hear a peep either!!! but i filmed 3 hens and a strutter for an hour 6:40-740.  i think its the weather moving in that made them quiet!!

just my 2 cents

JWhunter... Where are you from? Im from Huntsville, Al we hunt in paint rock, and we have a farm in Coldwater TN if you know where that is...
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

jwhunter

from florence. hunt in wayne co

4nwtf

No turkeys left in Aabama  ;)

tomdown#4

I've seen turkey sign on my place close to York here in Sumter County but did not here anything but crows Sunday and Monday mornings. A few people have told me they have heard a few gobble around Livingston.

Chester

No turkeys in Marion County Alabama, waste of time.

Basser69

Glad to see everyone in Alabama is having the same problem. So with that said, all you outta staters can stay home this year and save yourself the time and expense of the trip

BOFF

Cold and about 12 mph winds this am.  No gobbling this am, but there ain't no birds here anyway, except for the pen raised ones.  :-X

God Bless,
Davdi B.

cahaba

I had two strutters in my yard Saturday. They were being lead around by six hens.Heard one gobble at 8:30 this morning. He shock gobbled at a hawk screamer. Season start should be perfect.

OldMarine

Turkeys don't gobble in Alabama,probably due to Salter's "screaming hen call !
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." – Ronald Reagan

deerhunt1988

Just 40 minutes from the Alabama line in central MS and haven't heard a thing yet...

Shotgun

Quote from: Basser69 on March 08, 2011, 07:40:51 PM
Glad to see everyone in Alabama is having the same problem. So with that said, all you outta staters can stay home this year and save yourself the time and expense of the trip

If you see a black Ford with AR plates on the 15th, just keep driving and say to yourself he must be a bird watcher, because there is not any turkeys in AL.   :TooFunny:

Basser69

Shotgun, where are you at in AR? The wife is from (don't laugh) smackover