turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How Missouri Feels About Obama's Gun Laws

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, April 25, 2013, 10:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

This is why I am proud to be a Missourian.  The folks of New York and other states need to take note.  This is the kind of people you should have representing you.  If not, then get the losers out of office.  This article was in the today's Souteast Missourian.  Now we have got it right.   And I am honored to be from the Show-Me-State!

AUDoubleBeard

I am glad to see that Missouri is willing to take a stand. :icon_thumright:

tomstopper

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 25, 2013, 10:22:22 AM
This is why I am proud to be a Missourian.  The folks of New York and other states need to take note.  This is the kind of people you should have representing you.  If not, then get the losers out of office.  This article was in the today's Souteast Missourian.  Now we have got it right.   And I am honored to be from the Show-Me-State!

That is awesome. The thing to remember is that alot of us NY residents have tried to get the jerks we have in office out but we are outnumbered (or so it seems) by a bunch of ignorant Libs who keep voting them in.... >:(

Turkey Trot

This thread surprises me a little bit after reading about Missouri providing the entire list of CC permit holders to the feds.  You've got some work to do to get your house in order (as the rest of us do).  If those in MO will just turn over the entire list like that with no specification of subjects or targets of an investigation and no compelling need so that they can be plugged into a federal database, it could happen to the rest of us.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/missouri-highway-patrol-gave-federal-government-list-of-ccw-permit/article_ac670792-d777-5354-9d73-6c87144d526e.html

The legislation in MO is just political grandstanding, particularly when MO residents are being sold out on a wholesale basis.  If they were really serious, they'd be protecting the privacy of gun owners in MO which is something they can control legislatively, expand gun rights at the state level, and mobilize to litigate against the feds. 

Under the Supremacy Clause of the US Constitution, even BATFE regulations are higher in priority and trump the state constitution.  Accordingly, you cannot legislate against the feds at the state level and you certainly cannot defeat a federal law with a state law.  The way you trump bad federal law is to sue and defeat it in federal court as unconstitutional (after having applied maximum pressure to the delegation to DC).  Thus, I do not understand why people get excited about picayune and futile acts like this.

"Hey, look at me, your favorite politician, I'm doing something [even though it's pointless]!"   
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Turkey Trot

There is some interesting discussion in this article about access to hunting license info.  That would affect people outside of Missouri that travel there to hunt.

http://www.kbia.org/post/no-ccw-feds-can-still-get-your-mo-hunting-permit-records
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Turkey Trot on April 25, 2013, 01:22:29 PM
This thread surprises me a little bit after reading about Missouri providing the entire list of CC permit holders to the feds.  You've got some work to do to get your house in order (as the rest of us do).  If those in MO will just turn over the entire list like that with no specification of subjects or targets of an investigation and no compelling need so that they can be plugged into a federal database, it could happen to the rest of us.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/missouri-highway-patrol-gave-federal-government-list-of-ccw-permit/article_ac670792-d777-5354-9d73-6c87144d526e.html

The legislation in MO is just political grandstanding, particularly when MO residents are being sold out on a wholesale basis.  If they were really serious, they'd be protecting the privacy of gun owners in MO which is something they can control legislatively, expand gun rights at the state level, and mobilize to litigate against the feds. 

Under the Supremacy Clause of the US Constitution, even BATFE regulations are higher in priority and trump the state constitution.  Accordingly, you cannot legislate against the feds at the state level and you certainly cannot defeat a federal law with a state law.  The way you trump bad federal law is to sue and defeat it in federal court as unconstitutional (after having applied maximum pressure to the delegation to DC).  Thus, I do not understand why people get excited about picayune and futile acts like this.

"Hey, look at me, your favorite politician, I'm doing something [even though it's pointless]!"

I am so glad you posted that.  I just sent the link to Gov Jay Nixon and told him what I thought of it and his covering it up later.  We shall see what he says.

Thanks again. 

Brad