turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Laid up and need some projects....

Started by blackmagic, April 25, 2013, 02:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmagic

Long story short, I fell off a ladder and broke my back.  The man upstairs was looking out for me and I avoided paralysis.  But, I've got a long stretch of time on my hands while I'm healing.  I need some stuff to do!  Unfortunately, I cannot lift more than 10lbs, and most of my movements will need to be with my hands/arms, due to my brace.  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.  Here's a couple of ideas I've come up with.
-refinish the stock on my old Ithaca M37
-learn to make lanyards out of paracord or whatever (any info for references on this is appreciated)

I'm open to any and all ideas.  I'm fairly patient, so fire away.  I've already walked around the house scratching multiple surfaces together trying to get turkey sounds.  So far a chopstick and small ceramic bowl is the winner ;)

remmy1187

Sorry to hear about that, Im sure you will find something to keep you busy.  Take care of yourself and heal up.

redarrow

Broke mine in Dec or 03. Body cast for 3 months.Therapy for another 3 months. The worst part was I missed turkey season.Get some lumber and make birdhouses or kids pull toys to donate to the Seniors and the children that are less fortunate.As a result of my stay in the hospital I was moved to do an annual sock drive (white) for our Veterans hospital. White T shirts are also needed as some of these heroes have no need for socks.God will provide a healing touch for your back. Praying for a full recovery . :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:

lightsoutcalls

Sorry to hear about your accident.  God watches out for us to be sure. 

As for your paracord idea, I have heard that youtube has a lot of tutorials posted for paracord projects.  You might check that out.

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

tomstopper

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on April 25, 2013, 10:24:36 AM
Sorry to hear about your accident.  God watches out for us to be sure. 

As for your paracord idea, I have heard that youtube has a lot of tutorials posted for paracord projects.  You might check that out.
:agreed: There are alot on youtube. Good luck in your healing. Prayers being sent for a speedy & complete recovery....

blackmagic

Thank you everybody for prayers and well wishes.  I'll check out youtube for the paracord tutorials.

pappy

Man, I hate to hear that....my prayers are with you for sure. Take up model building...I love it especially when I can turn it into turkey themes....pappy

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

M,Yingling

Rey,,  Hope you have a speedy recovery
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

TURKEYWHACKER

Glad to hear your feeling better ol buddy. If you need anything just call and I'll hook ya up. Sorry you missed the last 2 weeks of the season but we'll get em next year.Oh yeah, don't worry about your boat motor sitting idle, I'm heading out in the morning with my brother for a few hours of fishing. Heal up brother.