OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anybody have and use/used P90X?

Started by sugarray, March 08, 2011, 11:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

I have just gotten it from a friend and am going to try it out.  Still need to get a pull up bar.  I have bands, not weights and will get them if I need them.  What do you think of it?

shootumindaface

Watched some of it once, pretty boring.. Cant imagine why somebody would buy a video of a guy working out ???

anthonyjhallen

Prepare to get smoked.  I was on it for about 6 months and it is great for mixing up different exercises for the same muscle group.  Also he stresses form not repetitions which is good also.

honker22

I've got it and it works!!!  I didn't use the bands so I can't comment on them.  I went to Academy and bought 2 adjustable dumbbells 5-30 lbs.  I'm not an overly strong or big guy, some people may need ones that are 30+.

The first couple of weeks are brutal, you will be more sore than you have ever been.  I would suggest the post-workout drink that they advertise.  It seems to help with the soreness and muscle repair a good bit.  If you stick with it, you will be in the best shape of your life.

I skipped the Yoga day and did one of the extra workouts that it comes with.  Also, only do the Ab-Ripper workout 3 times a week.  Hope this helps and good luck
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

anthonyjhallen

If you really want to beast up get you some Endo rush or NO-Explode and drink it before your workout.  You will blow up.

Horner

I am on my fifth week, it works brother.......I have dropped 20 pounds and I am starting to see muscle coming on.

It is hard, but I modify a bunch of the stuff.  I hope to be able to keep up with the instructors in my third phase.

As for supplements.........I have been using......N.O.-XPLODE and CELLMASS. 

My wife has been using the P90X after workout drink and she likes it alot.

This also helps with stress, I have had a bunch of stuff going on in my life and it helps wash the stress away.

runngun

Just got my wife a copy today, may try it myself
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

shootumindaface

Quote from: runngun on March 08, 2011, 02:28:01 PM
Just got my wife a copy today, may try it myself
Did she ask for it? Or did you say Honey try this?

runngun

Naw she has been doing the biggest loser dvd's and has had a lot of sucess   :z-guntootsmiley: She is smokin hot !!!!!!

She has been wanting to try the P90 X, so if it will make her happy then you know the rest !!!!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

GAbird

If you commit...you will see nothing but great results.  I have done it twice ( to bulk, not to cut ) and it works like nothing else I have done.  If you are trying to build muscle or lose weight, just adjust you diet accordingly.  Like I said though, you HAVE to commit!

socalturkeyman

I heard that it really works,but I think I'll stick to what I do since it works for me. I really dont want to be huge or anything I just want to be strong and have stamina. Which I get from my marine corps style work outs.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

3.5inchpainfulldeath

I started two weeks before bow season last year... and was so sort I couldn't pull my bow back... so I stopped.... I am going to start it up though again.  I lost 10 pounds in two weeks, and noticed muscles improvement and my back didn't hurt like it always does. 

It will kick your tail, but it will be worth it.

OLE RASPY

My wife does it at a local center and she likes it.

TANK

All of the above mentioned is true, but if you haven't done it you will need some space for the exercises.................

gophert

I have completed it 3 times.  It is difficult and not for the weak minded.  I do NOT recomment doing during turkey season.