OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

20 Gauge gun recomendations

Started by econo, March 08, 2011, 10:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

econo

What would be a good 20 gauge pump that you would recomend? Something at a good price with screw in chokes? and if you know about what they cost. Does not have to be camo, although that would be nice.
It would be used for turkey's

Thanks
May God bless you all

shootumindaface

Hard to beat the 870 with the amount of knowledge on this forum on their patterning, plus their is no other gun with as many accessories available..

sugarray

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 08, 2011, 11:07:35 AM
Quote from: shootumindaface on March 08, 2011, 11:03:45 AM
Hard to beat the 870 with the amount of knowledge on this forum on their patterning, plus their is no other gun with as many accessories available..

+1

+1

davisd9

X1000   You just can not beat it overall.  Everybody makes things for it.  You can get a 26" barrel in Black for around $315.  Go to the basspro website and they have one with a 22" barrel I think that is camo, hard to find a Remington 870 20 gauge in Camo in my experiences of searching.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SWAMPFOX

x2 i just completed my 10yo. daughters with new camo paint, knox recoil reducing stock, trigger spring, and jelly head. we shot h13 #7 at 30 yds. last night and best pattern was 161 in 10 inch circle. i was impressed.

njdevilsb

Another 870 vote here.  I love mine.

Remturkey

I've had mine 15 years now, not one problem, get the 870.

WyoHunter

Good advice!  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

schuylkillspur

You hav nothing w/o FAITH

killdee

I'm about to fix up my Great Nephews 20 870 for him, what is you guys choke recommendation to use with Hevi #7's. A lower priced 1 would be fine too.

spur collector

without a doubt, i would purchase the 870.

TrkyHntr

He's big enough to ride in my truck!

surehuntsalot

the 870( I have an 870 youth)
but I also like that Mossberg 20ga camo bantam pump
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gophert

Quote from: killdee on March 08, 2011, 06:57:44 PM
I'm about to fix up my Great Nephews 20 870 for him, what is you guys choke recommendation to use with Hevi #7's. A lower priced 1 would be fine too.

For the money, this choke puts up good numbers.  Look at its numbers, they are all over this site.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/remington-choke-tubes/RemSF

shootumindaface

Or a SSX.. Its been the most versatile 20g choke for me