OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First Bird Down !!!

Started by hookedspur, April 24, 2013, 03:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hookedspur

We were in SW Ohio and was going to hunt all week but we were forced to come home early ,,,
But I managed to get one down under tough conditions, Birds were all with hens and not saying a word.
I spotted two birds strutting in a cut corn field with a number of hens ,so I did a round about to get on their blind side ,set my DSD Dekes out and started purring and clucking. No answer but I saw a hen making her way to me on the property next door and I didn't have permission to hunt it. She walked by my dekes and me in a wide open field acting weird ,after she past me she turned and looked back at the decoys (a Jake and hen) and her neck got real red ,she dropped into half strut made a small circle and went into a full strut. Never saying a word, I purred some easy and she walked on up the fence out of sight ,,,,, THEN I see a Tom on the same path when he sees the dekes he starts strutting Spitting and my clucking and purring was as excited as He and I both were and  under the fence he came three steps and a strut at a time covering 40yards to a face full of TSSD 9s from a Benelli M2 at 40 Yards.

NOT a WORD all the way !!!
10 1/4
1 3/16 - 1 2/16

Found some of these as well I didn't bring it out ,its not a real Morrel  ;D

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Shakey Jake

frank1969

nice bird, want to share them morrels

Hognutz

Congrats on the nice gobbler!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

hookedspur

Quote from: frank1969 on April 24, 2013, 04:50:22 PM
nice bird, want to share them morrels

Thanks to one of the guys I was hunting  with I didn't bring it out . He said it was a Fake Morrel.
CRUSADERS

captin_hook

DirtNap647

:icon_thumright:good bird

stinkpickle

beagler

Never Misses

alloutdoors

tomstopper

Congrats on a good bird....

Fatbeard

East TN Beard Buster

slamman

congrats nice bird and good story.  picture of the morels (?) looks a bit blurry to me but I don't think they are morels.

hookedspur

Quote from: slamman on April 25, 2013, 07:08:20 AM
congrats nice bird and good story.  picture of the morels (?) looks a bit blurry to me but I don't think they are morels.

Its not I am told that its a false Morel
CRUSADERS