turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Calling with Snow Mittens on

Started by Mike Honcho, April 23, 2013, 01:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Honcho

Snowed about 3 inches in northern Kansas today...I was hunting this weekend with thick insulated gloves I wear for deer season cuz my hands were so cold...kinda hard to run calls!

lightsoutcalls

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

dirtnap

How is the weather in Northern Kansas by the middle to end of May generally?  Also, historically, how good is the hunting then?

I am planning on heading that way May 16th.

TauntoHawk

dang, at least in the snow you can see where they've been!

No Snow but Sunday morning was 21 degrees at 5am during the Ny youth season making it the coldest I've ever had to hunt them in. 
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mike Honcho

Seems crazy this year.  Typically I think my best hunting in Kansas has been about 1st week of May.

This year the second week should be good as we have been so cold for so long....I would think anyway.

I've noticed by end of May it's getting hard to score a bird...might be because of my own hunting pressure too.

Doug

We froze our butts off the first week here in Idaho, too.  Definitely the coldest I've ever been when turkey hunting!  Had to head back to camp early to warm up because my buddy was shivering too bad to be able to shoot.

Buckeye_Strutter_935

29 degrees monday morning and 30 degrees this morning in SE ohio lol
Feathers Fear Me

dirtnap

Appreciate the insight.  I will play the cards I'm dealt when I get there.

DirtNap647

hope i dont need mittens anytime soon

bbcoach

Heading to Kansas a week from tomorrow.  Forecast is for lows in the 30's and highs in the low 60's.  I don't care what we are dealt weather wise, I'm looking forward to chasing those Rios.  Dress warm and hope they respond with some monster GOBBLES.

Mike Honcho

Looks like its warming up...about high 50's today but bright sun.  Next week (and this weekend) across Kansas looks like 70's.

I think it'll be good hunting.  I'm hitting Easterns hard Friday/Sat then down to SC KS to hunt Rios on Tuesday.

Good luck to everyone! 

surehuntsalot

don't know if I could turkey hunt having to wear insulated gloves
it's not the harvest,it's the chase