turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cody Pot Call?

Started by Okiehntr12, April 23, 2013, 11:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiehntr12

Was looking on Cody's website and saw the world class and spec1. Pretty pricey and hadn't heard about them on here. Has anybody tried one before? Looks like the world class is used a lot in competitions and maybe the spec 1 was one of the original designs.

lightsoutcalls

I have heard good things about the Cody calls, although I have never used them.  I can't imagine paying up to $200 for a turkey call.  That said, I shoot a shotgun that I bought for under $300 that kills turkeys as dead as any $1,000 shotgun on the market. 
   If you have over $100 to spend on a turkey call, knock yourself out.  There are quite a few folks here on OG that will build you a call for $50 or less that will call in birds to their deaths on a consistent basis.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Okiehntr12

I don't really have the 200 to spend either. All my current pots were under 50 and I believe these ran 125. I guess they only make a limited number per year. I had read on a thread somewhere that guys where saying the old Cody pots where pretty good calls and I was wandering if these were the same.

Treeninja

They're sound good, but to be honest I think my home made copper calls sound better then the 2 Codys that I own.

gwa

I have both, I like my world class glass a lot better than my Spec 1.

wvcurlytop

I love my spec I, and would pick it over the world class.  But that is just my opinion.. 

racksnspurs

I own a couple of CODY lower end pot calls and a dropdead series holei one sider box call.  I love them all.  If you don't wanna spend the $125 for a world class buy one of the woodsman pot calls.  Once you see the quality of these calls and hear how they run odds are you'll buy a world class or specI later on down the road.

outdoors

IN MY COLLECTION I HAVE A Woodsman SLATE  :OGani:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Tail Feathers

I have a BassPro branded Cody glass call that I like a lot.
I had no idea that Cody had gotten that expensive now.
Guess I haven't looked in a while.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TauntoHawk

I just can't imagine a cody call sounding twice as good as my Twisted Sister for half the $$
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WildTigerTrout

I own two Cody "Woodsman" calls, one each in slate and glass. I also have the Cody "II" in glass and slate and a "Envy" in glass. They ALL sound good . I highly recommend them . :gobble:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

perrytrails

I have a Cody world class. Great call!
But I think I paid $125 for mine several years ago.

I like my Crystal Mistress just as well, maybe better :)

Both great calls!!

captin_hook

My Cody II never stays home on a hunt.

Okiehntr12

Quote from: Tail Feathers on April 26, 2013, 09:55:48 AM
I have a BassPro branded Cody glass call that I like a lot.
I had no idea that Cody had gotten that expensive now.
Guess I haven't looked in a while.
They still have their field grade calls priced very reasonable. These were just a few I saw only on their website an I guess they only make a limited number a year.

WV TURKEY THUG

Id rather have someone make me one on Here some of these guys calls are abosuletly great looking. But that's coming from my point of view.