turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

bearded hen with spurs

Started by strutstopper, April 22, 2013, 09:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strutstopper

We just got back from Kansas and my dad killed this bearded hen with spurs. He saw her two days before, and noticed she had some spurs, so he shot her on the last day of the hunt. Spurs were 5/8 and 3/8. Anyone ever saw a hen with spurs and not little bumps?

DirtNap647

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

tomstopper

Never seen that before. Very cool. Congrats....

Longshot

That is one confused little lady. The taxi would be getting some business from me if it was mine.
Hunt with your children today and you won't have to hunt for them tomorrow.

Mike Honcho

Bet she didn't have too many suitors!

Buckeye_Strutter_935

ive seen them with beards but no spurs....thats awesome get that thing to the taxidermy!! :drool:
Feathers Fear Me

kansas hooks

Wow...that's cool.  Have never seen a hen with spurs.

Gooserbat

Never saw one with spurs, but I saw a pic once of one that had "tom" plumage and a beard.  Biologist said in all likely hood it was bi-gender.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Shakey Jake

strutstopper

It would have taken one heck of a taxi. to put her back together. He held low because she was so close and the hevi 7s ripped her apart. The cape is already drying though so it will be on his wall shortly.

Gold Spur

First hen I've seen with spurs!
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

alloutdoors

Found these on a road kill hen a few years ago, the larger one is about 9/16. No beard though.

archery1

bet she was the man of her relationships??????? :lol: :lol:
Take a kid hunting

WV TURKEY THUG

That's awesome never saw anything like it. Now if some shot a Tom with no beard or spurs.