OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Well...call making season is over

Started by pappy, April 21, 2013, 06:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Hahahahaha....the wife said I had to clean up around the out side of the shop, "the yard was looking like a river bank full of wood" so, I did.......God bless Fire!  The pile was eight feet high!!!!!! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

troutfisher13111

DirtNap647

tomstopper

archery1

Take a kid hunting

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: MrB0000M on April 21, 2013, 08:18:19 PM
whos bringin the mallowdogs

Somebody's been watching Duck Dynasty.  ;D

I hear those things cause gas...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

lightsoutcalls

My dad trimmed trees for a living when I was a baby.  As I grew up (from grade school on), many of my weekends were spent helping drag and load brush in the truck, cutting and stacking firewood, etc.  As I began to make calls, I think back to some of the trees and firewood we cut.  I can't tell you the thousands of calls that could have been made out of some of the wood we split and/or burned.  Makes me sick...

I can remember cutting where an interstate was going in on the outside of KC MO in the 70's.  We cut walnut trees over 20" thick ( I remember because dad had a 20" chainsaw bar that didn't get all the way through some) that didn't have a limb for over 20 feet up the base of the tree.  I don't remember how many rick of walnut we cut and hauled out of there... thousands of dollars worth of lumber if we had only thought about it...

Pappy, you're bringing back memories...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!