OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone look for morels?

Started by catman529, April 21, 2013, 01:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catman529

who all likes the mushrooms. This is my 3rd year morel hunting and I have beat past 2 years records. Today I came home with 444. Total for season is 721. Crazy big load of em today, you know it's a good patch of them when you can't decide which way to walk to pick up the mushrooms you are seeing.

This is in Middle Tennessee, Maury County

over 7 lbs weighed

Who else enjoys these things?

coyotetrpr

That looks like a tasty mess of mushrooms. Here in Missouri I think that it has been too cold for them. I might be wrong, but I haven't seen any.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

kamski1151

Looks like you found the motherlode for sure. Morels and wild turkey, don't get any better then that. :drool:

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

vaturkey

WOW catman !  :drool:  That's some mighty fine eatin there ! Enjoy !
Vaturkey

bubbaboy

nice find way to cold up here in northern iowa yet

MouthCaller

I have looked for them every time Ive went out hunting the past 4-5 yers and I've never came across a single one. I love mushrooms and Ive never eaten one, hopefully I'll find some one day...

ghillie

It's a been a little to cool up here yet....ground temps are getting close though!  It won't be long!  Great haul!  Looks like greys and yellows...

catman529

Quote from: ghillie on April 21, 2013, 01:36:05 PM
It's a been a little to cool up here yet....ground temps are getting close though!  It won't be long!  Great haul!  Looks like greys and yellows...
31 blacks, 26 half free, the rest are grays/yellows

ohiostrutter

got a trip planned for michigan next month cant wait

bubbaboy

ok i have found greys and yellows,heard of blacks but what is a half free

redarrow

Probably another month or so for Michigan morels.

catman529

Quote from: bubbaboy on April 21, 2013, 03:03:16 PM
ok i have found greys and yellows,heard of blacks but what is a half free
half frees have a longer stem and shorter cap. The cap is not attached to the stem all the way down to the bottom, it's detached half way down.

WV TURKEY THUG

Went out today and found around 40 . There just starting to pop up in wv wetzel county.

spur collector

Thats a fine patch there you found. :icon_thumright:

Buckcrazy

Been a bad year here n East Tennessee at least for me I e found very few every place I find them at has come up short 8-10 at a time !! Just enough to make ur mouth water!!!