turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Throwing in the Towel

Started by Clif Owen, April 20, 2013, 10:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clif Owen

Well guys..turkey season has not turned out nearly as well as I had hoped. I had a couple of encounters that should have worked out but didn't for one reason or another. Had a bird answer but just go away..that one was close...real close when I heard him and was afraid to call any more. I messed up and got busted on one and then bumped 4 jakes last Sunday. Welll, tomorrow is the last day and I just don't think I am going to give it a try. The main area I hunted closed last weekend and the only area I can go is to a spot I've never been to and I just don't feel comfortable going into it blind. Especially when it is a military base that parts of are closed to the public and I'm not familiar enough to know if I can avoid them.
I apologize for failing to help the team this year but if you guys wil have me back; would like to try again next season.
Clif

hookedspur

Sometimes no matter how hard we try we just cant make it happen . I bet you had some fun trying though.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

anthonyjhallen

Thats how it goes sometimes...

BOFF

Well.  I'd still go to the new area. At least you may see some sign for hunting next year. It may be the start of a great season next year,  or could be a grand finish for this season.  Can't kill them sitting at home.

Understand the frustration.  Been a terrible season here.

Your always welcome here.

God Bless,
David B.

Clif Owen

Well...I decided to go check out Polk. Managed to hear 2 birds this morning and think I heard one die. I realized someone was calling as I moved closer (I heard him from about a quarter mile to start with) and just sat down to listen and wait. I might have a head start in that area for next year but based on my last 2..I wouldn't count on it. It seems if I find birds one year; they are gone the next. Not sure if they die or move though.

Woodsman4God

Sorry about the rough year, It happens to all of us. Better luck next year