OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Buckeye youth gobbler

Started by kdog, April 20, 2013, 02:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdog

My son got his first gobbler this year today during the Ohio youth turkey weekend.Last year he also scored during the youth season.This one came into our calls and once he seen our decoys a hen and a jake,he went right after the jake decoy.He musta been really pissed because he bumped into the jake decoy,pecked at it and when my son shot and missed he ran a few feet away,,,turned around and ran back after the jake decoy.My sons second shot hit the mark and this one was down.

GOOSESLAYER

Congrats I know here in NE OH it's was snowing and very very windy. Most kids I know that went out packed it in early do to the conditions. Way to stick it out  :icon_thumright:

kdog

Ya it started snowing right after this one was taken,,,,im also in NE Ohio.

In this pic you can see a little bit of snow on the tom.Luckily he dressed warm and he was only out for about 2 hrs.

eddie234

Awesome. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

ohiostrutter

congrats to you guys weather was horrible in central ohio seen 8 hens no gobblers or jakes theyve gotta be around here somewhere gonna give it another shot tommorrow

captin_hook

Limbstrutter

Way to go...... Congrats..  I took a good friends son out this morning and we froze our bottoms off . Birds didn't gobble much but around 8 we had one sneek in and he gave it a parking ticket ...
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

DirtNap647

ElkTurkMan

Good stuff right there, congrats on a great memory for you and your son.

tomstopper

Congrats on a good looking bird.......

beagler

Never Misses

TRKYHTR

Thats a great looking turkey. Congrats young man.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Gawhitaker

kdog

Thanks guys it doesnt get any better than spending time with your kids doing the things that you love .Appreciate the comments. :thanks: