OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Flextone Thunder Gobble vs The Hale Fire

Started by iowaturkeykiller, April 19, 2013, 12:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iowaturkeykiller

Which is better the Thunder gobble or the Hale Fire? I currently own the Thunder Gobble but I was thinking about buying the Hale Fire

turkey buster

Ive had a Halefire for 2 years and have yet to get the tuka, tuka,tuka you are suppose to make in it sound remotely close to a gobble..maybe its just me.

dlewis82nd

I baud the thunder gobble that thing was crap, I have the hale fire now its a little better but if you want the best one get the haint by dnd

Bowhnt

I have to agree.  The hail fire out of those two.  But love the dnd

Shakey Jake

I would get the haint! I bought it this yr n it's by far the most realistic gobble call I ever heard! :icon_thumright:

cahaba

Gobble Nole

I took the poly carb haint, the walnut haint, the thunder cutn by flextone, the thunder gobble by flextone, and the hale fire out into the woods with 3 different owners blowing all of the calls.  Basically we all had a few of these calls so we decided to get into a pine bottom and see what sounded best.  By each person blowing the calls the other two could listen at different distances in the woods and decide what sounded most realistic.  All of us are fairly decent callers. 

Unanimous, Thunder Gobble by Flextone. 
Second-Haint Walnut
Third-Haint Poly Carb

The thunder gobble actually sounds like a real turkey, by far the best out in the woods.  The Haint sounded good as well but more mechanical, not as realistic.