Main Menu

GA triple beard, scores 99.5625

Started by alloutdoors, April 18, 2013, 11:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captin_hook

Buckeye_Strutter_935

Feathers Fear Me

nbadger23

Congrats on a great bird and a great story!  Although I'm not so keen of those snakes that were in the video.. that first one looked like it was 6 feet long! 

It's amazing how birds can turn you inside out for several days and then it comes together in a way that you never could have imagined. Congrats again. 

kansas hooks

Great story, great pics, and great bird!  Congrats!

beagler

Never Misses

alloutdoors

Thanks everyone for the replies, and taking the time to read the story.

Quote from: FeatheredHat on April 19, 2013, 05:03:28 AM
Congrats. That's an interesting hat and hat band combination you roll with. Anything in particular that made you start that?

It's funny you mention the hat. I actually haven't been able to find my "turkey" hat. I had taken the spurs off it last fall and worn the hat a couple times while bowhunting but I'm afraid I may have lost it. I had several turkey related hat pins on it that I'm kind of bummed about losing but at least I had the spurs put safely away. I'm not all that superstitious but I was starting to wonder if the new hat was jinxing me. Considering how things worked out though, this hat may be luckier than the old one ever was!  :toothy9:

As far as why, I've seen guys put them on necklaces and things like that (in the photo of both Del and I you can see that he has a string of them on one of his call lanyards), using them as a hat band seemed like a natural thing to do. I've always liked boonie hats for turkey hunting, they give good coverage from rain, create a nice shadow all around your head, and they pair nicely with the 3/4 face masks I like to wear. I'll admit to occasionally reaching up and rubbing the spurs for good luck on a slow morning too, so maybe I'm a little superstitious after all!  :smiley-char092:

ElkTurkMan

COngrats on agreat Bird, and I loved the pictures.

chatterbox

Great, great read! I felt I was right there with you, bud!
Awsome bird, and way to stick it out! :icon_thumright:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

GobbleNut

Absolutely fantastic story and great pictures!  That is the kind of story us turkey hunters yearn to read.  Great writing!  Thanks for taking the time to entertain us and congratulations on your success!

slamman

:drool:  :z-winnersmiley:  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

great story and nice bird congrats.

longbeard11

What an awesome bird!! Beautiful pics too!! Congrats for sure!!

redarrow

LAWD,LAWD,LAWD SON. Do they come any better than that. Congrats on an awesome gobbler. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

steveo