OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

jelly head .660 to tight

Started by 870 gobble stopper, April 18, 2013, 04:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870 gobble stopper

hey guys new to site!  I am shooting a 870 express with a 28 in barrel and a primos jelly head .660 i got it real cheap been using hevi 13 3-2-7 which im impressed with but i would like to get something in .670 constriction to get a better 20 any recommendation on a choke would be greatly appreciated thanks 870 gobbler stopper

bunk

I haven't tried one myself but if I where looking for an 670 constriction I would try a Pure Gold.

SCDieselDawg

remmy1187

Quote from: bunk on April 18, 2013, 05:37:31 PM
I haven't tried one myself but if I where looking for an 670 constriction I would try a Pure Gold.
x2

870 gobble stopper

Ok I will try a puregold and thinking about a Indian creek next year too! Thanks

870 gobble stopper

Have anybody tried the Haymaker choke that down&dirty outdoors use made by Indian creek

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: 870 gobble stopper on April 18, 2013, 09:15:18 PM
Have anybody tried the Haymaker choke that down&dirty outdoors use made by Indian creek

I did.  Shot some Hevi-13 loads through it, and I took the choke back for a refund.  Not very impressive at all in my barrel.

870 gobble stopper

Thanks ILikehevi-13!  I seen you shoot mad max do they still make them?

Cutt

Not sure about the 870? But my 11-87 came with a factory Wingmaster Turkey/Predator tube which is .672 and shoots as well as some of the more popular tubes.

870 gobble stopper

Thanks cutt mine just came with a modified choke
But I wish it did come with one

FL-Boss

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: 870 gobble stopper on April 19, 2013, 08:48:08 AM
Thanks ILikehevi-13!  I seen you shoot mad max do they still make them?

Theyt don't make any of the MAD chokes anymore that I am aware of.  I have a MAD Max .680 choke for my 835 and a MAD super Max .675 for my 870. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

And I will tell the guy that started this thread that the only sure way you will know how a choke will perform is to try it in your gun with several loads you plan on shooting.  What I like to do is get a good lot of Hevi-13 #7's and compare with different chokes to see which one shoots the best on the same day and temp.  That way you will know for sure what choke shoots the 7's the best.  And the same can be said for any other size shot or load your shooting. 

870 gobble stopper

Alright I will do that after the Missouri season is over thanks

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: 870 gobble stopper on April 20, 2013, 03:31:35 PM
Alright I will do that after the Missouri season is over thanks

Remember to shoot at a tape measured or lasered 40yds.  Also shoot at big sheets of cardboard so you will know for sure what your pattern is doing.  You can always tape in the center of these sheets of cardboard a turkey target.  Draw your 10" circle after you shoot each shot around the densest part of pattern and post some of your better ones here and tell us the info.  We all sure would like to hear your results.  Try to use the same lot # of shells when testing.  The lot # will be under the flap on the Hevi-13 box.

Brad