OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi 13 (3-2-5) Chokes?????

Started by blueridgegobbler, April 18, 2013, 03:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueridgegobbler

Came across a deal on these was wondering what would be the best choke and what type of numbers people have experienced with these. I usually shoot nitros but got a couple of boxes for $21.00 a box bought all they had.

SCDieselDawg

blueridgegobbler

3 inch 870 26 inch barrel
Tried indian creek 665 not that great

SCDieselDawg

I mis read the first time  I read your post. I thought you were shooting 6s I was gonna say the .660JH or the Hevi choke. But I don't have any experience with the 5s so I'm not much help.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Indian Creek, Pure Gold, Jelly Head, SumToy, would be some great chokes to try.  I would say .660 to .675 would be a great range to start. 

allaboutshooting

Quote from: blueridgegobbler on April 18, 2013, 03:22:03 PM
Came across a deal on these was wondering what would be the best choke and what type of numbers people have experienced with these. I usually shoot nitros but got a couple of boxes for $21.00 a box bought all they had.

I've shot a number of those shells through the very same gun and with a 26" barrel. The best results for straight #5 shot has been through the Wright's #2 turkey choke. It's non-ported, with a crowned muzzle, 1.3" or parallel section and is rated for all lead and tungsten-based shot. My readers have had similar results to what I've seen as well.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."