OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Will we see a 30 pounder this year?

Started by barry, April 18, 2013, 12:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeJ

Yep, those fall birds are huge. Especially when they've been fattening up on deer corn.

ghillie

We very well could see one come out of Iowa.  This year so far I smacked a 26 1/2 pounder, last years bird was even heavier, 28+lb,  up here they eat corn and beans year round plus every thing else!  I could see it....

dawgfrombama

My biggest was a 27lb Rio/Eastern hybrid in Kansas last year.  That was my heaviest bird ever.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well the biggest I have killed here in Mo was 24lbs and weighed by the MO Conservation Dept game warden their on their digital scale.  I can tell you right now that a lot of the big 26, 27, or 28lb turkeys on some of the old scales that were used to weigh them are none other than fish stories, and they continue to grow.  It takes a big bird here in MO to weigh 26lbs.  And yes their are some birds that will go that and maybe more.  But they are pretty rare.  The digital fish scales that they have now are extremely accurate and will weigh within 2oz. 

And anyone that kills even a 25lb gobbler in the fall regardless of where your hunting unless of course you got a feeder that is feeding them like farm chickens I for one would like to see the bird.  It takes a hell of a fall bird to even go 20lbs here in MO.  That's something my buddy who has killed a ton of birds and that goes for his dad as well have told me.  You just don't see very many fall birds that will keep their weight and that includes the big boys that might go 25 or 26lbs in the spring.  The biggest fall bird I have ever kiilled weighed I think 18lbs 4oz. 

Buckeye_Strutter_935

ive been watching one for 2 weeks and hes gotta be close to 25 lbs but 30lbs is a monster  :turkey2:
Feathers Fear Me