turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Questioning my sanity!! Color phase

Started by albrubacker, April 18, 2013, 10:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albrubacker

This morning I had a very interesting morning hunting! Long story but what makes me have questions is I had a gray color phase jake at 25 yrd and let him walk.  :z-dizzy: Not sure if I would do that again. Hope to see him next yr!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

DirtNap647

redarrow

He'll be bigger next year. I have never seen a phase gobbler but the farm I hunt has a few phase hens.

barry

I was just pondering this very thing last nite...if an albino or color phase jake should come in would I let him go?

Jay Longhauser

If you get him next year its great, if you never see him again you might regret it.  Hard to know until it plays out. 

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

WV TURKEY THUG

I've shot one with a little piece of white on its tail feather but never a color phase one 3 1/2 year old. I would of put the lead to him. Just think a coyote will probably get him in the next couple weeks lol. Jk good luck on getting him next year