OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Late report.. Central FL opening weekend double.

Started by Slowshoe, April 17, 2013, 12:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowshoe

Opening morning we had one hang up right off the roost at about 60 yards for a good hour. This thing had the longest gobble we have ever heard so we dubbed him "long gobble". Hunted him Saturday and Sunday and he would just not get close enough..
Here he is Opening morning.

Both Saturday and Sunday the birds were hammering off the roost so we were expecting the same monday morning but when we got out there it was dead silent

Decided just to wait it out and sure enough around 8:15 long gobble comes out at like 200 yards with a few hens and as we are watching them I catch some movement to my left and sure enough a different boss is walking 30 yards away towards them..

Had a good shot but Joe couldnt get the camera on him yet so i waited until he gave me the go. Finally got the camera on him and gave a cluck so he would stick his head up.. Clucked and BOOM.. wait, I missed! he gobbled right as I shot and I shot over him i guess but the damn thing ran right at me and i busted him..

Passed the gun to Joe and watched long gobble from 200 yards away sprint across the field to spur the dead one.. Joe busted him once he got close. Didnt want him to mess up my fan!
May they RIP

Swamp Dragons beware.

spur collector

tomstopper

boomer

surehuntsalot

that's what I call getting it done.....congrats
it's not the harvest,it's the chase