turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Thank goodness I work by myself

Started by eddie234, April 16, 2013, 08:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie234

It's a good thing I work alone. Driving around on patrol in the rain listening to tree top turkeys and practicing my mouth calls. If I had a partner it would probably drive them crazy.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

tomstopper

Kinda like it does my wife daily.... :toothy9:

paboxcall

People who work in my office know what a trumpet call is and sounds like.  Fortunately they are very patient with me this time of year.

:icon_thumright:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Tail Feathers

I do that too!
Thank goodness the patrol Tahoe's came with CD players. :toothy12:

I work in town, I'm sure some folks thought I was talking to myself or something.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

spur collector

Turkey Trot

The people around here that do not hunt and do not know what a turkey sounds like keep inquiring who has the little dog that keeps barking.

Or maybe they know what a turkey sounds like and I am doing it all wrong.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: eddie234 on April 16, 2013, 08:36:40 PM
It's a good thing I work alone. Driving around on patrol in the rain listening to tree top turkeys and practicing my mouth calls. If I had a partner it would probably drive them crazy.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

You are not alone...  ;)
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

DirtNap647

my wife and daughters are glad when seasons over

Deputy 14

Same here. Well, I have a K9 that I drive crazy. But he'll put up with a lot before he starts barking at me.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: MrB0000M on April 17, 2013, 04:38:17 PM
my wife and daughters are glad when seasons over

same here
they start gathering them up for"storage"
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

alclark2

The non hunters at my work know what a turkey sounds like now. Pre season I get out my calls and practice at work in a security booth when I'm working alone. I had a guy a few days ago accidently rub his rubber iphone case and it made a noise. When I came to work he gave me a nice yelping series and I asked how he knew what a yelp sounded like. He informed me it was from hearing me calling in the booth.  :camohat:
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

troutfisher13111

I should show my wife this thread so she can stop thinking I am weird!:))