turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My season ended two minutes after sunrise

Started by Tail Feathers, April 16, 2013, 07:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

And I'm happy about it! :icon_thumright:  Well...except for the one bird limit.
I set up in one spot nice and early and two toms opened up a few hundred yard off, just on the other side of a huge gravel gas well pad.  After a minute or so I picked up and headed over.  As I walked across the pad I got close enough to really worry they were roosted on the edge of the woods and were watching me.
I slipped off the well pad and down to the woods edge.  There was a huge pile of dirt on corner of the pad and I slipped in about 65 yards or so from the toms who were gobbling up a bone!
Three yelps and a few clucks later and I hear flydown.  He lands on the big dirtpile, right behind me!!
I screwed around and expected to see his head pop over the top but came walking down the side.  He stopped to gobble and I shot him in mid-gobble.
The second one flew down as I got up to walk to him.  I could have taken him too but we have a one bird limit.
Sunrise was 6:49 and I got him at 6:51.  I'll post pics when I can.  It was truly the ugliest place I've ever killed a turkey but you gotta shoot 'em where you find 'em. :funnyturkey:
We head to KS and OK later this month, i can't wait!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

spur collector

remmy1187

I like the quick ones like that, it doesn't give me a chance to screw things up!  Congrats

alloutdoors

kevin2

I'd be happy as all get out if mine ended as fast OR faster!
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

turkeywhisperer935

:you_rock:Congrats, what state you hunt in?

rev

Back home before breakfast was on the table,   SWEET,

Limbstrutter

Awesome job.... That's how both of my hunts went last year. It just works out that way sometimes.  Awesome .
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

boomer

trackerbucky

They should refund you the price of your license.  You barely got to use it.  :TooFunny:
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

JVA54

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase