turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Double sided pot call question

Started by jjnfla, April 15, 2013, 11:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjnfla

My question is can glue a sound board to my slate or will this hurt the sound,call is crystal 3.5 top and slate 2.5 bottom want to put a 3'' sound board in between the just wondering any help be great jj

turkin8or

I am not sure I completely grasp your design, are you saying glue the soundboard directly to the slate on the bottom? If so I would imagine it would have a sound deadening effect.

pappy

What you are talking about as I see it is that you are wanting to mount a soundboard in between the slate and the crystal? Wow, you are talking about a very precise and delicate operation as you will have to do some internal measuring just as a starting point to locate the soundboard like the cream filling in an oreo cookie.....without it touching the ledge either piece is mounted to and having the right clearance between them so that the resonating will work on both striking surfaces the way it should in order to create a live sound and not deaden the pot. You could make a two piece pot, make your ledge on opposite sides, then do the same where the two pieces would be glued together having only enough clearance to hold the sound board in place, then drill your portal holes in the side of the pot instead of the bottom of the pot.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

jjnfla

What I was trying to do is hide the slate on a double sided call with a 3''piece of famica that has a image painted on it,I just figured if I glued it right on top of the slate it might flatn the sound problem solved..thanks for the help

Gobblerstopper

It's not that hard to do. I made double sided pits for several years using a soundboard between two surfaces for the same reason you are wanting to.  I'll shoot you a PM.