turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ugh

Started by ccvidimos, April 15, 2013, 10:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccvidimos

Season finally opened Saturday. Got out to our spot bright and early. Was more of a scouting trip since me and my buddy both work crazy schedules. 6 hours and 4 miles later, we had our area pretty well scouted out. Found plenty of tracks. A nice big roost with fresh sign. And we managed to take his girlfriends son and straight wear him out. Plan is to get back out Thursday (his next day off) and get set up. Well, weather man said we were supposed to get a couple inches of snow. We're over a foot already and it's supposed to snow through tomorrow night. Good news is they say it's supposed to be back in the 50's on Wednesday. Gotta love Colorado. Oh, and the boy. We got back in the truck to leave and we told him he could take a nap. Serious as could be he tells us he's to old for naps (he's 9). Not even 30 seconds after I started the truck, he was snoring. But when we got back, he was begging to go again  :you_rock:. Safe to say we've created an addict in the next generation.

tomstopper

That's awesome. It's not always about the kill but instead the experience. Sounds like that youngster might have already figured that out. After a power nap he's ready to go = signs of a turkey hunting addict..... :toothy12:

ccvidimos

I sure hope so. He was dying when we kept telling him he had to keep quiet and sit still. Gotta love kids

tomstopper

Quote from: ccvidimos on April 15, 2013, 10:52:51 PM
I sure hope so. He was dying when we kept telling him he had to keep quiet and sit still. Gotta love kids
:TooFunny: My 5yr old daughter wants to go with me so bad but there is no way she would sit still for 5 min or even think about getting out of bed before daybreak. Can't wait til she can do both. Kids are the best thing on this planet......

ccvidimos

Next time there will be a blind and duct tape...

spur collector

surehuntsalot

Quote from: ccvidimos on April 15, 2013, 11:01:31 PM
Next time there will be a blind and duct tape...

you got the bases covered
it's not the harvest,it's the chase