turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tax Day Turkey Hunt

Started by TRKYHTR, April 15, 2013, 07:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

Me and a friend of mine, John Zeiter, went turkey hunting today. We were hunting on his cousins property not to far from my house. We got set up and the turkeys were gobbling. The turkeys flew down early and it was hard to hear because they were below us over a ridge. I finally got a hen to answer a few times so I cutt her off and got aggressive. Next hen yelp I hear she was on the ridge. Then I spot her out front. I had put my Momma decoy out. When the hen saw the decoy she wanted to fight. Then a couple more hens got in the fight. Next thing I see is 2 Jakes come running to the party. Now there is 13 hens and 2 Jakes within 15 yards of us. Then one of the Jakes jumped on the decoy and road it to the ground. then started molesting it. I could hear a gobbler spitting and drumming just out of sight. About that time the gobbler came over the ridge and saw the Jake on top of the decoy and ran in to teach that Jake a lesson. They finally parted a little bit so John could shoot and he took out the gobbler. It was a great hunt on a great day in Gods Country. And it was all caught on video.

TRKYHTR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FytOwnlMNsQ

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

beagler

Never Misses

ElkTurkMan

Very Nice congrats to you and your friend Joe.

FullChoke

Nice hunt, great bird.

Tell me Joe, do you have to boil that hen after the action that she saw today to get her clean?

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

RutnNStrutn

Great video!! Hope you guys brought some disinfectant for that decoy!! :lol: ;D

WV TURKEY THUG

captin_hook

DirtNap647

Gut Pile

Great !! Looks like you had decent weather as well
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

ads1

That is nice!!! I would give it an "For mature audiences only" rating. If I hadn't seen the video I would have had a hard time believing the story. Is this very common? :funnyturkey:
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

Nice hunt & video. Congrats....

AUDoubleBeard

Nice hunt and they destroyed that decoy! :icon_thumright:

Clif Owen

Looked like it was a "happy ending" for the jake...they let him finish!

boomer