turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Crazy season

Started by contagious, April 15, 2013, 10:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

contagious

I have had a crazy season so far.Had four birds within 40 steps and have nothing to show for it.!!!
I have been hunting for 25 years,but this year is a strange one.!! Wrong set up, called one for my son,who is a new hunter.He could not see the bird to get the shot.Then i finally Missed my first bird,45 steps in a clear cut.That one hurt my feelings,and this Sat. had one a thirty steps,and i had the gun in the wrong place when he showed up.He was looking straight at me could not move,let him walk off behind a large brush pile,then moved the gun 90 degress.He sat behind the brush pile and strutted for 8-10 LONG AND PAINFULL MINUTES, just to sneak out the back door and leave me with egg on my face.!!!! Been in the game every weekend,just a matter of inches every time.!!! That's turkey hunting.!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

tomstopper

Yep. I think every turkey hunter knows this feeling. Happened to me last year. Keep after them & hopefully it will get better. Good luck.....

spur collector

Hang in there it will turn around for ya.

RutnNStrutn

At least you've been in the game!! A lot of guys haven't even had that. Keep at it, you'll get 'em!!

contagious

Not about to give up.!!!! Taking a vacation day tomorrow to get after them,can't get him sitting on the sofa.!! :TrainWreck1:

WV TURKEY THUG

I've seen many nice gobblers sitting on the sofa never shot any though. Lol

ElkTurkMan

Hang in there.  One of the things I love so much about this sport, is how quickly your luck can change for the better, in an instant.   

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

DirtNap647

contagious

Got him today.!!!!!! Hunted all morning ,and did not hear a thing.Walked two or three miles,nothing but blue jay's and crows.!!! Walked back to the four wheeler to leave and put everything up, he gobbled in a bottom 200yards away.Grabbed my gun and face mask walked into the bottom,he gobbled two more times before i got there. and was close.Had to sit in a cane break he was so close,called one time and blew my hat off,walked out and strutted one time and I dropped him at thirty steps.When i shot a second tom flew,didn't even know he was there all happened to fast.!!!!! 7 to 8 minutes total.!! Flash hunt to finally break the ice. Good three year old, after all the bad luck this year,strange way to break the spell.!!!!  11.15 am when i took him.

JVA54

surehuntsalot

congrats on a nice bird
it's not the harvest,it's the chase