Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Keep your heads up!

Started by davisd9, April 15, 2013, 07:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Hey guys!  I know a couple of guys that are having a rough season so far.  I suspect a few others are as well, but do not worry about it.  Do not put pressure on yourselves cause when you do that you will make mistakes.  Remember why we are out there, and yes part of the reason is to harvest a bird but that is a small part of the reason.  I truly hope everyone is able to get a bird, but I want everyone to enjoy there season and being out in the woods!  Some birds will get knocked down.  It is just a matter of time.  Hunt hard, hunt smart, and be safe.  Good Luck!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JVA54

Good advice, had one of those tough years last year thing just did not go right no matter how hard I try and all I did was wear myself out.  Have fun, the next hunt might be the one that brings that big old gobbler right in to your lap.

trkehunr93

Keep your heads up guys!  It will happen.

Bustabeak

I hope that I can better my bird in the morning! We I start getting down, I just take a couple days off.... doesn't always help, but sometimes it does... Good luck everyone!

Turkeykiller12

Have had a rough season.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WNY Bowhunter

Hopefully, my season will start off on the right foot this weekend during our youth weekend.  The birds seem to be a bit behind schedule here in NY...
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

boomer

This year the weather sucks here. Really didn't get any snow all winter and now we're getting it. Got some last week and getting more tomorrow.
Last weekend was our shotgun opener. Had some birds patterned during the last couple weeks of bowhunting them. They are still pretty much grouped up yet. We got set up on the roost about an hour before sunrise. They're gobbling good on the roost for once. Was hoping I was going to kill one in the snow for once. But someone else had different plans. They came in on the other side of them and shot them out of the trees. Well I guess that is the way of hunting public land.

dirt road ninja

It's been tough down here. Good luck to all and they have to start acting right soon.

I hate turkey hunting.