turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WI LTH 2 weeks ago update

Started by wisconsinteacher, April 14, 2013, 11:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I am sorry it has taken so long to post.  Life has been crazy.  We had our Barron Co Learn To Hunt the same weekend as Easter.  We could hunt Friday and Saturday.  We had 24 kids and shot 19 birds.  We had 12" or more of snow on the ground.  My hunt was 45 minutes.  We had 26 birds fly from 300 yards to 150 yards then walk on a string to the decoys.  I never touched a call.  There were 4 jakes in full strutt the entire time.  When they got to 25 yards I gave the kid the green light and it was over.  We had them scouted and with all the snow they were coming to the same spot every day.  Most kids got their birds the same way.  It was not exciting as other hunts but it was successful.  I would post a picture but I don't have permission to post the hunter online.

Some of you may remember the issue I had about who was going to hunt the farm between my buddy and myself but it all worked out.  He wanted to try a different farm the first day and saw a ton of birds but they could not get one.  The next morning they missed one.  After that, he came to the farm we both had permission on and his kid shot a jake on Saturday afternoon about .25 miles from where we got ours. 

tomstopper

Congrats. I am glad that the kids had a great time & that you were able to work it out with your friend....

TRKYHTR

WTG Congrats to you and the kids.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck