Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Rainy Day Mississippi Public Land Double Beard

Started by HoggleGobble, April 14, 2013, 10:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggleGobble

There is some public land about 10 miles from my work (paper mill), and I had weekend duty this weekend, so I purchased a 7 day non resident license and decided to give it a shot before my 8:30 am meetings every morning. Well, 30 mins after fly down, smoked this nice bird at 15 steps about 100 yards from the sign in board. Another double beard, though not as big as the last, but I'm not complaining!!! It's been a great year!!!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

honker22

What paper mill are you working at Chad?  I'm an Env Engineer at Rock Tenn over here in La.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

HoggleGobble

Quote from: honker22 on April 16, 2013, 10:52:27 PM
What paper mill are you working at Chad?  I'm an Env Engineer at Rock Tenn over here in La.

Are you at Hodge?? I used to work at Rocktenn in Demopolis. I saw Mike Ballew the other day here in Bama. I now work at Weyerhaeuser in Columbus Ms. I am the process manager over Turbines, Combination Boiler, Power and Auxilaries.

honker22

Quote from: HoggleGobble on April 17, 2013, 11:56:31 AM

Are you at Hodge?? I used to work at Rocktenn in Demopolis. I saw Mike Ballew the other day here in Bama. I now work at Weyerhaeuser in Columbus Ms. I am the process manager over Turbines, Combination Boiler, Power and Auxilaries.

Yes, I am at Hodge. I just joined on this week. Met with Ballew yesterday and  getting introduced to all these Bama boys. I came over to Demopolis and played in the charity golf tourney last year. Small world.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

HoggleGobble

Quote from: honker22 on April 17, 2013, 11:58:49 AM
Quote from: HoggleGobble on April 17, 2013, 11:56:31 AM

Yes, I am at Hodge. I just joined on this week. Met with Ballew yesterday and  getting introduced to all these Bama boys. I came over to Demopolis and played in the charity golf tourney last year. Small world.

Oh ok. So you are working with the Holtzclaws too then. Ballew and my dad are very close friends, although he was upset when I quit and came here to Weyerhaeuser. Ballew actually is the one that hired me. Ask him about the guy he had to hire over a poker game! It is a very small world.