turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

any wv hunters here

Started by WV TURKEY THUG, April 14, 2013, 08:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV TURKEY THUG

Anybody hunt in wv. They have been gobbling like crazy.

BKAart

Guess we are the only 2  :OGani: there not to fired up around here.
Purrr D Calls "Proof that Looks can Kill"

WV TURKEY THUG

Haha there's one more.guy on hear I no that's from hardy county. But I hunt in wetzel county.

longbeard11

OH yeah!!!! Come on WV season, only one more week!! I live in Kanawha county but hunt my farms in Calhoun and Jackson county the most for turkeys.  I went to Calhoun this weekend and heard 12 different gobblers on my farm, but they are not super fired up yet, still in bigger flocks.  We will hit the gobbling peak just right and should be a great season!!

STRYKER

I'm holding down the fort in raleigh co. the sleepless nights have began. I am seriously thinking about getting some of that nyquil zzz stuff for sunday night.  :z-guntootsmiley:

eddie234

Im here in marshall co. Havent really been out. I know there are birds in the area i want to hunt so ill just wait till opening morning.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

West Augusta

Marion County here.  They are just starting to get fired up here.  I'm going to miss first week but that may be ok this year. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

longbeard11

By the first weekend it should be full on they should come running to your call!! This is stacking up to potentially be one of our best springs in a long time

Deputy 14

They're starting to gobble good in southern WV. Been hearing them every morning for about the last week.

WV Ridge Reaper

Was out this morning,had one cutting me off on a owl hoot,he was hot.

Also seen a small flock with 3 strutters.

WV TURKEY THUG

Great to hear that ridge reaper. I figured ur call would be loud enough. Them turkeys sure can hear well.   

And stryker benedrayl is the exact same thing don't waste ur money on Zzz quill buy ya some benedrayl read the ingredient on the of them both the same thing. I wasted my money on them.

STRYKER

10/4. I am definitely going to need help getting some shut eye sunday. I am fairly new to turkey hunting only been at it 4 years this will be my 5th and i have never anticipated something this much before. I definitely have the bug. As longbeard stated i think the season is going to hit perfect this year they should be fired up. Last year it got warm way too early and i think they were towards the end of mating before we got to get after em in the southern part anyway. The first week last year i saw/heard quite a few toms but then after that it just fell off. Anyways good luck fellas and its going to be the longest week ever waiting on monday.

longbeard11

last year was definitely a different year.  They were fired up and gobbling hard in the end of march. Everything was green, most hens had already been nesting awhile when season came in and some had already hatched in the middle of season. It wasnt your normal season at all but  was still a pretty good season as far as I was concerned, I was on birds that gobbled hard every day of the season all the way until the end.  Key is to have multiple places to bounce around to never over pressuring one place.  If you do this you can stay on hot birds through the whole season. Do you homework and put in the time listening and scouting.  This season should be very good and birds should really respond well to calls and come looking hard.  Hunt all hours that you can, you never know when that bird may get lonely after his hens leave him.

WV TURKEY THUG

Yea longbeard last year was weird. Had one all fired up on last day it was a Jake so I gave him a pass since he made it threw season. Heard a few others also. Last year I heard 5 or 6 gobbling on feb 26 in proctor wv.

longbeard11

Like i said we managed to call in birds every day we were out even up to the last day and put several down last year, we were blessed with a good season dispite the weather and the early spring.  We saw a group of 6 jakes on the last day of the season last year which got us excited for a great batch of 2 year olds on the farm this year, and we believe we heard those birds there the other morning. Pretty pumped to get out after em and make a few of them movie stars