turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey on Prom Day (Central Kansas)

Started by Grant Flaming, April 14, 2013, 08:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Flaming

Awesome way to start off the day of senior prom! I had set the alarm for 5:15 yesterday morning with the intention of getting up to hunt some birds I roosted. However, I forgot to flip the switch to alarm and I slept in. I headed out at about 11:30 to a piece of ground where I've had luck before. As I am walking, a crow called and a turkey gobbled down in the creek bottom. I threw up my decoys in the corner of a tiny wheat field and gave a yelp. When he responded I just gave some clucks and waited. about five minutes later he stepped out from the woods and timidly strutted into range. I managed to get the gun up without making too much movement and shot him at about 22 yards. The 20 gauge did quite a number on him at that range. Also, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to snap a few pictures with my car for prom- 1972 Chevelle Malibu.

Grant Flaming

TRKYHTR

Great way to start your prom. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

spaightlabs

Congrats young man!

Well done on the bird and hope you had a great prom.

eddie234

Congrats, nice bird. Hope you had a good time at prom. Camo tux? Lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

AndyH

WV TURKEY THUG

Good looking bird and car. Them tome sure do get lonely in the afternoon lol :icon_thumright:

tomstopper

Nice looking bird. Congrats... I expected to see you in a tux holding your bird.  :toothy12:

runngun

Congratulations on the turkey and you also are standing in front of my favorite CAR!!!!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Grant Flaming

Thanks, guys. It was an awesome hunt. And I loved driving that car around. Zeppelin pops into my mind every time I think about it haha!

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Gold Spur

Congrats on a nice bird! Cool car also... :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

captin_hook

boomer

spur collector

Congrats young man, looks like a great start to a beautiful day. :icon_thumright: