OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bird down with crossbow

Started by barry, April 14, 2013, 11:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

After playing with some birds off the roost with no luck it was about 9:45 when I heard some hens cutting well off in the distance, I answered them and was greeted with a gobble. I hit'em again and was answered by more cutting and gobbling. The birds made it to the ridge across from us and I soon spotted a strutter. I tried to keep the hens fired up hoping they would get agitated at me trying to intrude on their men, yes there was 2 gobblers. This went on for 30 minutes then I saw the hens start heading our way with the gobblers lagging way behind. Soon the hens were running to the decoys and I looked up to see a gobbler take flight and sail across the little hollow and land about 75 yards away. He hit the ground running and was joined by his buddy and 2 jakes and they ran straight into the middle of the dekes which were about 12 yards away from the blind. With seven sets of eyes right on top of us I settled the crosshairs on the strutter and sent a bolt clean thru him, he runs/flys about 50 yards and crashes.
10:36...gotta love those late morning birds!
Most gobbling I've heard in the mountains in a long time.

2 year old, 21 lb, 9" beard.

Yes, I invested in some new calls over the winter, custom made tubes and trumpet yelpers
but it seems I can't get away from my little green Doan's pill can...she's a killer!

tomstopper

Nice bird Barry. Congrats....

turkeyhunter91

Congratulations on a nice bird

beagler

Never Misses

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

TRKYHTR

I love 2 year olds. Congrats Barry.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

boomer

DirtNap647

captin_hook

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

honker22

People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

renegade19

Excellent work there!  Congrats!

BowBendr

Awesome Barry ! Congrats brother.  :icon_thumright:

surehuntsalot

very nice...congrats on a great bird
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

WV TURKEY THUG

Congrats :icon_thumright:
That's a nice bird. I have yet took one with archery equipment.