turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Redemption

Started by MouthCaller, April 14, 2013, 10:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouthCaller

Connected this morning! I got up to the place I missed this bird thursday evening and sure enough he's roosted about 100 yards away. Instead of setting up where I normally do I got above him set out the dekes and got sat down on a big boulder. He flew down and I called and sure enough he's headed my way. He get in sight of the decoys and spooks starts clucking (this is where I messed up thursday and tried a desparation shot) He hurries off and starts gobbling again at about 200 yards and I call him part of the way back to me and he hangs up at about 80-100 yards. It goes quiet for a little bit and I hear walking above and behind me and I could hear my heartbeat in my ears let me tell you. I peek around the boulder and its a big DOE. She walks off and I call and he gobbles again still in the same place. I got up and slowly and quietly moved away from him a good 100 yards or so (leaving everything but my gun behind) and walk up the mountain about 300 yards and get in a big flat place in the woods got on another big boulder and call. He answers and is getting closer when all of a sudden a coyote starts howling (this is about 735ish) and he absolutely goes nuts gobbling. I called one more time softly and he gobbles and I shut up. After him gobbling and not moving for 10-15 mins and me going quiet I finally see a head poking up out of the holler. He looks with his head up high, then struts, then gobbles he did this probably 10 times. Well he finally gave in and walked in to some magnum blend at 20 yards. I didnt get to weigh him on a proper scale but he has to be over 20 pounds he had a 10'' beard and 1'' spurs and ONE GINORMOUS HEAD! Im relieved and pumped. On to go find #2....

MouthCaller

TRKYHTR

Congrats on your revenge.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

boomer

tomstopper

Congrats on a nice bird......

beagler

Never Misses

KYFrid

Congrats! You definately worked hard and put the time in for that bird! Glad to see you got him!  :z-guntootsmiley

Wrangler95

:z-guntootsmiley:

Very nice gobbler,congrats!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

redarrow

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: I love when hard work finally pays off.

ccvidimos

captin_hook

JVA54

DirtNap647

congrats never give up :icon_thumright:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

spur collector

Congrats on a fine tom, nothing quite like redemption.