OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tennesssee is the place to be!

Started by Isomaad, April 13, 2013, 03:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isomaad

That is, unless you happen to be a long beard!  I got my second bird of the season (first time to ever get more than one) last weekend on the Wheelin Sportsmen hunt in Green County.  It was an ordeal though.  On the way to the blind I managed to sink my chair up to it's axles in mud and cow crap and had to be pulled out with a four wheeler.  Then the four wheeler quit so we had to get a truck and trailer to get me the rest of the way to the blind.  After all of that, we still managed to get set up before daylight and by 7:45 the bird was on his way to Gobbler Heaven.  I tell you what, the DSD Jake decoy is amazing.  On opening day my bird came running off of a steep hill to beat up on the DSD.  Then last Saturday, several long beards ganged up on my DSD and proceeded to try and beat the paint off of him and he just stood there and took it like a man.  Even after I sent a swarm of Hevi-13 #7 to the rescue, one of the long beards came back three times wanting to dish out more punishment.   I love my DSD Jake!  Anyway, my bird was 20lbs, 10.5" beard, and 1" spurs.  There were seven hunters and all but one killed, so this years hunt was pretty successful.  Can't wait for next year!

TN Beard Buster

That's awesome Isomad! hope you limit out!!! Great bird by the way.

hookedspur

Quote from: TN Beard Buster on April 13, 2013, 03:07:10 PM
That's awesome Isomad! hope you limit out!!! Great bird by the way.

Absolutely !!!! That's Great 
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Isomaad

Thanks!  I hope I do too but I'm not going to be a bit disappointed if I don't.  Here is a video clip of the kill and you can hear how hard those birds were thumping the DSD.  Also, check out the wad as it passes right behind one of the birds head.  I bet it would have knocked him silly if it had connected.

Onpoint

Wrangler95

:z-guntootsmiley:

Congrats to all of you on a great hunt!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

captin_hook

redarrow

Congrats on an awesome season so far. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

BrowningGuy88

boomer

Flydown

That my friend is AWESOME! congratulations and keep shootinnem in the face! AWESOME!

trkycaller

tomstopper

weave

Congrats !!!

Sent from a  mobile device.
Check us out on the www @

DirtNap647

congrats way  :icon_thumright:to go