turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

dissapointing trip to cabelas

Started by ohiostrutter, April 13, 2013, 01:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiostrutter

been in the market for some dsd decoys finally decided to get them we have a new cabelas less than a hour away in columbus ohio i called thursday night to see if they had any left the lady tells me they are in stock so me and the kids went their today look all around all they have is 1 jake left and no hens not even displays left i ask someone about it the guy goes to the back and said they shipped them all back earlier in the week because they werent selling wouldnt you have thought they would have took them out of their inventory computer when they sent them back their was another guy looking for them to atleast i have the jake now i have to find a upright hen somewhere and no one ive found online has them in stock if anyone sees one somewhere give me a heads up

kevin2

Our Cabelas is about an hour for us. So, I learned the hard way years ago after showing up & my item was gone. Sold! Now, I call, sometimes several times during the days leading up to my visit, make sure that they have my exact item. Then, I have them put it on hold for me at customer service. They'll hold it for 5 days, and then they'll gladly extend that time IF you can't make it in the 5 days. Has served me well.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Isomaad

I used a DSD Jake by itself last Saturday and three long beards left a bunch of hens to come give him a beat down.  Only two went back to roost.  I used my DSD Jake on opening day with my friends Avian-X hen and a long beard (now deceased) attacked the DSD and acted like the hen decoy wasn't even there.  When I first got my Jake, I thought I''d get a hen next year but now I'm not sure that I need to.

AndyH

Quote from: ohiostrutter on April 13, 2013, 01:57:19 PM
been in the market for some dsd decoys finally decided to get them we have a new cabelas less than a hour away in columbus ohio i called thursday night to see if they had any left the lady tells me they are in stock so me and the kids went their today look all around all they have is 1 jake left and no hens not even displays left i ask someone about it the guy goes to the back and said they shipped them all back earlier in the week because they werent selling wouldnt you have thought they would have took them out of their inventory computer when they sent them back their was another guy looking for them to atleast i have the jake now i have to find a upright hen somewhere and no one ive found online has them in stock if anyone sees one somewhere give me a heads up
I bought one there last Friday, at that point in time they had several hens and jakes in stock

ohiostrutter

Yeah i called thursday night a nd  they said they were in stock to find out they were sent back to the distribution center earlier in the week because of lack of sales

Old Gobbler

Did you try the DSD factory line ?  (541) 451-4453

They might be catching up with orders , or check Cabelas online -- it costs a little more $$ but you could have the item sent 3 day or 2 day air , it cost some more extra , but you will save on sales tax and gas money round trip

sorry you are having a hard time locating one , but they are about the hottest turkey hunting item out there and the demand is serious

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

sugarray

I'd get it online.  With the distribution centers close to Ohio, you'd have it Wednesday, I'd bet.  but, since you have a store in OH, you do have to pay tax online now.  I always pay tax since they opened the store here in WV.

ohiostrutter

i dont even see them online at cabelas now  just a replacement stake

weave

If you got the jake, you got the one that matters most :)

Sent from a  mobile device.
Check us out on the www @

hd mike

I would check out Scheel's, I gave up on Cabela's last year when they pulled the same thing here in WI.
Got mine from Scheel's online, and they were at my house in two days. Do a search, and find a code for free shipping.

kevin2

That is why I have them pull the exact item I need & then hold it for me at customer service. They take your name, address, phone, the whole 9 yards & then HOLD IT FOR YOU! Nobody else can lay their paws on it. I've not showed up to Cabelas in years & come home empty handed.

Quote from: ohiostrutter on April 13, 2013, 08:27:20 PM
Yeah i called thursday night a nd  they said they were in stock to find out they were sent back to the distribution center earlier in the week because of lack of sales
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

NorfolkHunter

A group of us hunted in Nebraska the first week of April. I already own some DSD's and after the other guys that were hunting with me saw some of the video I had they had to get some. We stopped at the Scheels and Cabelas in Omaha, NE. We had our best luck at Scheels. We also stopped at the Cabelas in Dundee, MI to complete what everyone wanted. They aren't easy to get but well worth it when you get your hands on them.