OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another one bites the dust....

Started by TNhunterKMC, April 13, 2013, 12:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNhunterKMC

This was the first time hunting on this farm this year.  While we were walking toward the spot where I wanted to setup we heard him gobble two times.   I could tell he was roosted in one of their favorite trees on the farm.   We got to the spot, and he was roosted probably 100 yards above us on the hill.   He gobbled at least 20 times from the roost.   I was hoping he'd do what I had seen them do dozens of times over the years.  I was hoping he'd pitch down and work his way down the hill toward us - giving me a shot.   Instead, he glided way out into the cow pasture across the pond you can see in the photo.   He would gobble every time I'd call.   Fortunately there were no hens roosted near him, and this dude could not stand the seductiveness of the Southland Game Calls Elite Series walnut crystal.   He started working back toward the left side of the pond and was gobbling at every call.   I told DeLaina I was going to kill that bird.  He was coming on a string right to us.   I called him around the pond and back up the hill within just a few minutes of him hitting the ground. He had to have run part of the way back to the call.  Shot him at 25 yards.   It was indeed an awesome hunt!  Killed him at 6:13 am just before the sun rose above the hills around us.

If he gobbles and struts like a mature tom he can get killed like one :-D

18 pounds
5" beard
nubs for spurs

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

FL-Boss

Heart pounding... it never gets old..  nice bird.

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

beagler

Never Misses

captin_hook

boomer

kevin2

couple of really fine photos. The sun in the background is great on yours, just needs some from lighting to really make it pop. Fine photo your daughter too...nice bird.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

kevin2

I worked your photo a bit, brought out some more color and light...

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

spur collector

slamman