OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

David Halloran Aluminum or Hooks Aluminum?

Started by MikeStaten, April 13, 2013, 08:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeStaten

Wife bought me a Woodhaven Cherry Classic Crystal. However, I already have a Halloran Twisted Sister and Cody Glass. I also have a Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen Slate. I'm thinking of returning the Woodhaven as it likely will sound similar to the Twisted Sister. Given the other calls I have, I'm thinking an aluminum or maybe ceramic call would be good to complement the others. Leaning towards Halloran's Aluminum or Ceramic or Hooks Aluminum. Anyone run these and have suggestions on which may be best?

Thanks,
Mike

gobbler336

i have the halloran aluminum in the maple pot, real good sounding call, but i'm fond of aluminum anyway, we can do some swapping if you like.  i think you should run that cherry crystal as i think you may really like it!

TauntoHawk

I have the hooks aluminum and its a killer for sure, its a single though with no sound board so it will sound different than the Halloran aluminum I'd imagine. Being a fan of my twisted sister I'd like to get my hands on one of his aluminums and give it a try.

While the TS and Hooks aluminum have both been proven in the field for me my newest pot is quickly drawing me in as a possible new favorite. Its a ceramic over glass cherry pot that Lyle at Houndstooth made me. This this is sweet and really goes to the next level with a yellowheart striker. its has a completely different sound than my aluminum, crystal, or any of my slates.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

troutfisher13111

I ordered a hooks aluminum last night and received a shipping notice at 6:50am this morning. Fast service!

TauntoHawk

I've gotten orders from hooks in two days a few times. I got my aluminum from Mack's last year for $30 when they were on sale
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

letinmfly

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 13, 2013, 05:37:43 PM
I've gotten orders from hooks in two days a few times. I got my aluminum from Mack's last year for $30 when they were on sale

They're on sale again right now if anyone is interested.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

MikeStaten

Figures.. I just got the halloran from them today.  I wouldve bought both if the hooks was on sale.  The halloran sounds pretty good. Not nearly as good as his twisted sister though.

Thanks,
Mike

Spurcollecta

Quote from: MikeStaten on April 18, 2013, 08:53:38 PM
Figures.. I just got the halloran from them today.  I wouldve bought both if the hooks was on sale.  The halloran sounds pretty good. Not nearly as good as his twisted sister though.

Thanks,
Mike

You should've kept that cherry classic. They're good calls

MikeStaten

QuoteYou should've kept that cherry classic. They're good calls

Maybe, but I already have the Twisted Sister for a glass/crystal call and that call is flat out awesome.  Little disappointed the Halloran Aluminum doesn't have the pop that the Twisted Sister does but it still sounds good and sounds different than the Twisted Sister.