News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hooks Calls

Started by TANK, March 07, 2011, 07:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootumindaface

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 07, 2011, 10:38:19 PM
the executioner and sassy gal II have almost made the rest of the contents of my vest obsolete..

I will slowing replace my calls and locators with hooks

they make great gifts for hunting buddies
The new pot calls are just plain sick... Based on sound and looking at other pot call prices they are underpriced..

dodger

Thats the truth....

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 07, 2011, 10:44:08 PM
Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 07, 2011, 10:38:19 PM
the executioner and sassy gal II have almost made the rest of the contents of my vest obsolete..

I will slowing replace my calls and locators with hooks

they make great gifts for hunting buddies
The new pot calls are just plain sick... Based on sound and looking at other pot call prices they are underpriced..

REBELYELL

CaneCreek

Which of his calls are the best for an inexperienced caller, beginner, or someone that just can't that well with a diaphragm? I do pretty well with the Primos Double stack where the reeds are separated. Last year I bought the Hooks Hunter's Pack and I juust cannot get the right sound out of them. I need some guidance as to where to position my tongue and where exactly is the best spot in the roof of my mouth to place the call. My yelps sound like a young beagle barking.
What is the best way to store your diaphragm calls? Or is it just best to buy new ones each year. I like the size of Hooks calls and I believe with a little help I can start getting the calls to work for me.

CaneCreek

CaneCreek

Dang beginner mistake. I had let the reeds get stuck together on all three calls. Soaked them in a little cold water, separated the reeds, now sounding better with more rasp and turkey like. I need to take better care of my calls. Dummy!

honker22

Just another testimonial for Scott:

I placed an order Sunday evening around 4PM, within an hour I got a resonse from Scott saying Thanks and my shipment was already processed.

I'm guessing he has been working weekends due to the High volume of calls being ordered now, but I've NEVER had anyone process an order on a weekend.

Thanks Scott!
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

LX_Trkyhntr

Quote from: CaneCreek on March 08, 2011, 12:34:11 PM
Which of his calls are the best for an inexperienced caller, beginner, or someone that just can't that well with a diaphragm? I do pretty well with the Primos Double stack where the reeds are separated. Last year I bought the Hooks Hunter's Pack and I juust cannot get the right sound out of them. I need some guidance as to where to position my tongue and where exactly is the best spot in the roof of my mouth to place the call. My yelps sound like a young beagle barking.
What is the best way to store your diaphragm calls? Or is it just best to buy new ones each year. I like the size of Hooks calls and I believe with a little help I can start getting the calls to work for me.

CaneCreek

Proper care will definitely improve the sound and extend the life of your calls.

I like to wash each of the calls off with water after use, I will lay them on a towl to dry, then I put them back in their cases and store them in the refrigerator.

I do not use mouthwash or anything that has alcohol on my mouth calls, if you don't get it COMPLETELY washed off it can ruin the latex. (I learned this the hard way)

Also, I used to store my calls in the freezer, but now only in the fridge.  It seemed that if calls stayed in the freezer too long it messed with the elasticity of the latex.
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i