turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

what else do you do in the woods?

Started by Buckeye_Strutter_935, April 12, 2013, 11:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckeye_Strutter_935

i was wondering what else do u guys do in the woods while turkey hunting??

I myself hunt morel mushrooms and ramps they go great with turkey breast lol
Feathers Fear Me

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

pittboss

Same as you brother.....morels and turkey hunting. Don't get no betters
Than that!
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

Shellwaster

B-Rad1

Spend a lot of time in devotion with the father. Over the years while hunting God has really shown me specific things in my life that I need to carve out or work harder on.

renegade19

TauntoHawk

Scout for deer and keep an eye out for sheds. We'll often hand a few stands in the afternoon since we can only hunt to 12 each day.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gut Pile

All of the above, but mostly enjoy the solitude and peace of being outdoors, as well as the challenge of the hunt and scouting for future outings.

Going out today late afternoon to move some logs off some trails for the landowner. Even looking forward to that labor in the woods.
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

redarrow

Hunt morels,sheds,scout for deer sign for the fall. As said already though I spend a great deal of time with the "Father". The woods and fields are where I first surrendered my life to God.The chapel in the trees is a great place for quiet reflection. :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:

guesswho

Look for a lot of squirrels.  I lay flat on the ground on my back with my vest seat under my head, and my head at the base of a big tree, then scan the above limbs for squirrels.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

kruk

My wife likes to hunt with me so......... :drool: :whip2:

Gobbler loungers are good for more than afternoon naps!

TN Beard Buster

I was saved by God's grace in the turkey woods 16 years ago. So I spend a lot of time praying and thanking Him while I'm out. I also play games on my phone while the action is slow.

bubbaboy

i spend more and more time just enjoying nature waking up in the morning.i also spens alot of time thinking of the pep that are no longer with me like my dad and nephew

the Ward

Quote from: kruk on April 13, 2013, 02:59:21 PM
My wife likes to hunt with me so......... :drool: :whip2:

Gobbler loungers are good for more than afternoon naps!
I wondered where the concept for the squealing hen call came about! :TooFunny:

Onpoint

Quote from: Buckeye_Strutter_935 on April 12, 2013, 11:40:29 PM
i was wondering what else do u guys do in the woods while turkey hunting??

I myself hunt morel mushrooms and ramps they go great with turkey breast lol
You wouldn't believe how many birds I've killed on up in the day Helen I get to looking for mushrooms. Seems like every time I get in the zone lookin for mushrooms, one will hammer. Gotta love them midday birds.