OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Let the Fun Begin

Started by chbarnha, April 12, 2013, 04:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chbarnha

Well tomorrow morning starts it for us Va Boys, definitely ready to hunt, but little aggravated at the same time... have been seeing 8 big birds on one of the farms i hunt, well obviously thats where i was plannin on heading in the morning. Landowner called me today and said i cannot hunt it for the first week because some big wig came in and rented the rights for the first week. Definitely not happy about it. I of course dont pay extra to have exclusive rights to turkey hunt it, but i have been hunting this farm for ten years and been the only guy turkey hunting it. Oh well guess ill hit up one of the other farms i got in the morning and see whats happening, its got birds just not as many as the other one. I have several places to hunt, just aggravated about losing the honey hole

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

alclark2

That sucks... I understand the land owner point to make money off the land but it's sad what hunting turned into.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

steveo

Yeah happens every day, hard times for some so making a few bucks off the land is a way to supplement income, hey at least you have other options and ya never know you may end up killing a monster somewhere else.  :icon_thumright:

chbarnha

well, i rent it to hunt, i figured that meant everything, always has... well i went to another spot and ended up having a good hunt, didnt kill, but the birds at this farm were tearing it up. had nine gobbling at light. most of them flew down and went tight lipped. bout 930 i hade 3 birds working together gobbling their heads off. then a forth and fifth bird chimed in from other ends of the farm. ended up calling four of the five to within about sixty yards and then them dang hens got up with em and they just walked on off. guess its easy to figure out where i will be monday morning.

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

DirtNap647

ive come to realize nothing last forever

archery1

YEP.  ONCE LAND OWNERS HEAR FROM A BUDDY  THEY CAN MAKE MONEY WITH THEIR LAND... THE BALL GAME CHANGES
Take a kid hunting