OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

UPS

Started by Gooserbat, April 12, 2013, 03:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

UPS
Well they lost my latest order of camo.  $139 worth delivered to my old address 5 miles away.  (I haven't lived there in nearly a year)   The wife drove over and the people who live there "haven't seen it"  UPS says it was delivered to the address, on 04/10 and was accepted by "a woman."  Old land lord said he didn't know anything about it, The company I bought it from emailed me a copy of the invoice and it has the new address and before they knew anything was wrong they verified the new address.  Problem is where I bought it says it's UPS fault and they can't send more camo, ( I agree)  UPS says it they are looking into it.  I might get it resolved by deer season, but for now someone really messed up.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

redarrow

When I had my FFL. UPS left a 9mm pistol laying on the front seat of a truck parked beside my house. They left a note on the door telling me this.Truck wasn't even locked.

Gooserbat

Yeah the best part of it is the camo donation for our veteran's hunt was also in the box along with my $139.  So it's like $200 total, and now if I reorder I have to pay for all of it.

I hope the UPS man has many flats today, tomorow, and next week....on his personal rig
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Matt Meyer

Sorry to hear about that. Some of those UPS drivers just don't care. Normally when someone accepts a package they have to sign for it. I didn't think "a woman" qualifies as a signature
Also makes you wonder about the people in your old house

busta biggun

Lol,...you guys all realize where Old Gobbler works, right?

Gooserbat

Quote from: busta biggun on April 12, 2013, 03:49:25 PM

Yep, Shannon works for Annie.
NWTF Booth 1623

redarrow

:toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12: Yeah the UPS driver is prolly a turkey hunter too. Which explains everything. Can't drive,deliver and scout for turkeys without something getting goofed up.

Gooserbat

Quote from: redarrow on April 12, 2013, 05:12:24 PM

:toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12: Yeah the UPS driver is prolly a turkey hunter too. Which explains everything. Can't drive,deliver and scout for turkeys without something getting goofed up.

Actually he is.  He even invited me to go hunting with him once.  After this I get 1'st shot!
NWTF Booth 1623

tomstopper

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 12, 2013, 06:24:48 PM
Quote from: redarrow on April 12, 2013, 05:12:24 PM

Actually he is.  He even invited me to go hunting with him once.  After this I get 1'st shot!
You guys are killing me.... :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Old Gobbler

If it were the shippers error , I would request they send a replacement order ASAP , and they figure out the issue 

The shipper will send the item to where ever you tell them to - if they made a error and placed the incorrect address on the pkg- they are liable , if they did not then , you have to count on UPS to try and resolve the issue - UPS could send a driver out to the consignees location if a tracer is issued - what you need to do is call the 1-800 - pick-ups  # and tell them the whole situation -

Most cases people want no problems with the UPS driver , if they play games they full well know they will get grief for it ,like end up on the "no-DR" list as in we wont leave any more packages at your door - and that is a big hassle - I can walk up to any door in my city and recover a package 95% of the time , and yes I have recovered some 5 digit value items

Back to the shipper - the people who sent you the material , if they made the mistake .... they know very well all that you have to do is call paypal , or mastercard and they will get billing reversed on them on the spot - I suggest you remind them of this and have them send you a replacement order while UPS sorts out their mistake -

UPS , FedEx , and USPS employees have no idea what is in the pkg's unless it is indicted on the outside , and if it is a good area , and the pkg cant be seen from the street , they will leave it at your door if the barcode on the pkg allows them to - about 10 years ago we changed policies with handguns in particular , where the shipper has to send those NDA - next day air with the likelyhood of it being a adult signature required - but if the shipper doesnt indicate that - then in all probability the service provider will assume its home HSN or Amazon , and leave it at your door - thats what they are instructed to do

From what I am seeing here , you should get pushy with the shipper

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

archery1

ups has insurance on all packages shipped. hope you get ur camo
Take a kid hunting

MouthCaller

Quote from: Old Gobbler on April 13, 2013, 09:36:31 AM
If it were the shippers error , I would request they send a replacement order ASAP , and they figure out the issue 

The shipper will send the item to where ever you tell them to - if they made a error and placed the incorrect address on the pkg- they are liable , if they did not then , you have to count on UPS to try and resolve the issue - UPS could send a driver out to the consignees location if a tracer is issued - what you need to do is call the 1-800 - pick-ups  # and tell them the whole situation -

Most cases people want no problems with the UPS driver , if they play games they full well know they will get grief for it ,like end up on the "no-DR" list as in we wont leave any more packages at your door - and that is a big hassle - I can walk up to any door in my city and recover a package 95% of the time , and yes I have recovered some 5 digit value items

Back to the shipper - the people who sent you the material , if they made the mistake .... they know very well all that you have to do is call paypal , or mastercard and they will get billing reversed on them on the spot - I suggest you remind them of this and have them send you a replacement order while UPS sorts out their mistake -

UPS , FedEx , and USPS employees have no idea what is in the pkg's unless it is indicted on the outside , and if it is a good area , and the pkg cant be seen from the street , they will leave it at your door if the barcode on the pkg allows them to - about 10 years ago we changed policies with handguns in particular , where the shipper has to send those NDA - next day air with the likelyhood of it being a adult signature required - but if the shipper doesnt indicate that - then in all probability the service provider will assume its home HSN or Amazon , and leave it at your door - thats what they are instructed to do

From what I am seeing here , you should get pushy with the shipper
I drive for Fedex and I always want to slap someone who looks at me holding their package and asks me "what is it"... I feel like telling them you know I opened every box inside my truck to see what it was but yours. True story one driver told a woman one day she was getting sail boat fuel and she didnt get it, she asked him why would I be getting sail boat fuel. I would be putting the pressure on UPS and the shipper both I know from my experience that yes its entirely possible for a driver to mis deliver a package but to do that 5 miles away I doubt that its the drivers fault. We take the box to the address on the box and we dont ever ask questions now, another thing is I've learned some of my customers names and I know where they work and live and I can take it to either place just by knowing them if I need to catch them in person or if their place of business is closed. So if the driver saw your name and a new address he isnt used to and took it to your old one its on him 100%. Fedex has no problem blaming us as drivers first and asking questions later I dont think it should take much time to get resolved you need to keep the pressure on someone.

RutnNStrutn

That stinks!! Hopefully UPS will step up and doing the right thing for their error.

stone road turkey calls

I guess i don't understand, it had your old address on it and that's where ups delivered it, how is it there fault.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

redarrow

It didn't have his old address. It had his new address, It was delivered to his old address.