turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finaly got to hit the wods.

Started by Gooserbat, April 12, 2013, 12:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

We've been hammered at work and even though I've been making some serious coin I finally said enough and took a few hours off this morning.  Called in 3 jakes to 15-20 yards.  Wished the boy had of been with me.  I also called a lone hen in to about 25 she stayed around 10 or 15 minutes, and I got to hear some awesome nonstop cluck and purrs. 

Next week is VACATION...Rio's beware.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tomstopper

Good luck and try not to work so hard... :TooFunny:

BrowningGuy88

Hope you hammer a stud next week!!!  :anim_25:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Buckeye_Strutter_935

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 12, 2013, 12:28:27 PM
We've been hammered at work and even though I've been making some serious coin I finally said enough and took a few hours off this morning.  Called in 3 jakes to 15-20 yards.  Wished the boy had of been with me.  I also called a lone hen in to about 25 she stayed around 10 or 15 minutes, and I got to hear some awesome nonstop cluck and purrs. 

Next week is VACATION...Rio's beware.
i feel for you 62 hours a week for me and we have been swamped....sounds like you got the perfect medicine for a hard work week  :icon_thumright:
Feathers Fear Me

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

DirtNap647

RickC

Been too busy to get out and yesterday morning this gal was hanging around behind the house.
She wasn't in any hurry to go anywhere and let me walk to within 30 yards. At one point she layed down, finally left after an hour and a half.
Blessings,
Rick

Gooserbat

Status report,  I took Zane to the same area I found the jakes last Friday and he had a few more pounds to carry out than he did going in.  Only problem I had to carry his gun back to the rig.  Oh well a morning hunting with my son is priceless especially when he connects. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

lightsoutcalls

Congrats on getting the young man on a bird!

I'm heading out for Rush Springs, OK tomorrow AM.  (South of Chickasha)  I hope the birds are ready to play...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Gooserbat

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on April 17, 2013, 11:05:01 AM
Congrats on getting the young man on a bird!

I'm heading out for Rush Springs, OK tomorrow AM.  (South of Chickasha)  I hope the birds are ready to play...

I've hunted close to Rush Springs before.  Killed a few down there, best of luck and be safe.
NWTF Booth 1623

DirtNap647

RickC

Congrats on the young hunters bird
Blessings,
Rick